If you have never heard of Jackie Evancho, do yourself a favor and read this...

Just came across the link. She's amazing for someone so young.
It's going back a while but the last person I know of whose voice was that mature around 11 or 12 was Julie Andrews. She did OK...

Denis

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
Woah. Hadn't heard of her before now... thank you for the enlightenment.

I've noticed a curious trend for this thread... almost everytime (I look at) the number of views, it increases by 3... almost everytime. It seems strange to me that views of this thread take place in three's.

By the way... this thread has been viewed 292 times as I write this and only 6 individuals were apparently as amazed enough by Jackie's voice (as I originally was) to take the time to comment. Really, there are only 6 of you out there who were that amazed by what you heard?

That was beautiful. I am not an opera kinda man, and don't understand Itailain either, however that was truely amazing! She is elite.

For the record, I didn't cry even though it was emotional. :cry:

I don't know, maybe I do like opera...:eeek:

uh, where's my hammer...

I think a voice like that at such a young age is amazing. so strange seeing such a strong voice coming from someone so small :)

I would have commented earlier but I was on my phone and there are some unusual effects when I try and post from it :eeek:

Just hope that age doesn't ruin her a bit. Some people can sing younger but not when they grow up a bit..know it's more in boys when their voice breaks but girls do change too.

Really, there are only 6 of you out there who were that amazed by what you heard?
A lot of us are, but just don't have much to add to what has already been said!;)

I spoke to a lot of friends and family members, and most of them already know her from "America's Got Talent". I don't watch reality TV, so it was news to me, but apparently I am in the minority.

I too seem to be in the minority, passed it onto a couple of friends via facebook though and they were impressed. The one that's a music teacher/voice coach said that she'll ruin her voice singing like that too young though, don't know how true that is!

The one that's a music teacher/voice coach said that she'll ruin her voice singing like that too young though, don't know how true that is!
I remember reading somewhere (can't find it now though) that for this last year she was being coached by someone from Julliard who specialized in young singers, so, assuming that is true, I'd say her voice is being protected as well as it can be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lordy888

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back