If you have never heard of Jackie Evancho, do yourself a favor and read this...

Rick Rothstein

MrExcel MVP
Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
If you have never heard of Jackie Evancho before, then you are in for a most delightful treat and amazing experience... she is an opera singer like I'm sure you never saw before. Below are two links to two of my favorite songs by her. Listen to them in order. The reason is because I want you to get the full effect of exactly who Jackie is and the first link introduces you to her during the musical introduction to the song she is about to sing when she casually walks into a room. When you see her you will surely say to yourself, "No way she is an opera singer!"... but just listen.

This first song is just plain beautiful and you will know Jackie is for real on the first note she sings... Ombra Mai Fu

This second song is a "power" song and should be quite difficult for someone like Jackie, but she totally pulls it off. On top of that, wait till you hear how she nails the ending (starts at 2:30 into the piece)... Nessun Dorma

*** SPOILER - DO NOT READ BELOW UNTIL YOU WATCHED HER AT LEAST ONCE ***

||
\ /
V

||
\ /
V

||
\ /
V

||
\ /
V

||
\ /
V

||
\ /
V

||
\ /
V

||
\ /
V

||
\ /
V

She had just turned 11 years old when she gave the concert where the two links were recorded at.

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
If you have never heard of Jackie Evancho before, then you are in for a most delightful treat and amazing experience... she is an opera singer like I'm sure you never saw before. Below are two links to two of my favorite songs by her. Listen to them in order. The reason is because I want you to get the full effect of exactly who Jackie is and the first link introduces you to her during the musical introduction to the song she is about to sing when she casually walks into a room. When you see her you will surely say to yourself, "No way she is an opera singer!"... but just listen.

This first song is just plain beautiful and you will know Jackie is for real on the first note she sings... Ombra Mai Fu

This second song is a "power" song and should be quite difficult for someone like Jackie, but she totally pulls it off. On top of that, wait till you hear how she nails the ending (starts at 2:30 into the piece)... Nessun Dorma

*** SPOILER - DO NOT READ BELOW UNTIL YOU WATCHED HER AT LEAST ONCE ***

||
\ /
V

||
\ /
V

||
\ /
V

||
\ /
V

||
\ /
V

||
\ /
V

||
\ /
V

||
\ /
V

||
\ /
V

She had just turned 11 years old when she gave the concert where the two links were recorded at.
Everyone where I live knows Jackie! ;)

Everyone where I live knows Jackie! ;)
I would hope so! (For those who are wondering why... Biff and Jackie both live in the same city.) What a delight she is to listen to. I'm a little surprised though... before your posting, the forum showed my original message was viewed 40 times and there was not one comment posted to it from anyone. I had expected there would be a few repsonses like "Wow!" or "That's incredible!"... but not a one. What... have those people regularly seen a child who can sing opera as well as, or in some cases better than, seasoned professional opera singers? Well, I hope they enjoyed the links I posted a little bit at least.

I would hope so! (For those who are wondering why... Biff and Jackie both live in the same city.) What a delight she is to listen to. I'm a little surprised though... before your posting, the forum showed my original message was viewed 40 times and there was not one comment posted to it from anyone. I had expected there would be a few repsonses like "Wow!" or "That's incredible!"... but not a one. What... have those people regularly seen a child who can sing opera as well as, or in some cases better than, seasoned professional opera singers? Well, I hope they enjoyed the links I posted a little bit at least.
She's awesome.

What a voice for such a young girl!

Hi Rick,

I just listened and had not ever heard of her before. Your right, beautiful voice for such and young age and what a talent.

I lived in Italy for four years and not only do I love the Italian launguage/people/culture, but the singing is incredible and not so easy. I went to an Italian church and could hardly understand how to place the right emphasis on certain words.

A very bright and promising future is ahead for Jackie.

I lived in Italy for four years and not only do I love the Italian launguage/people/culture, but the singing is incredible and not so easy.
You might find it interesting then that Jackie does not speak a word of Italian... all that singing is done by memorizing how the words are supposed to sound. She started singing Italian opera (among other things) when she was 8 years old. Here is an interesting clip... her voice is not nearly as good as it is now (how could it be, she had only been singing for maybe 8 to 10 months when the following song was recorded), but you can clearly hear that an amazing voice is hiding insider of her on it. What is interesting is how the song begins... with a flurry of quickly sung Italian words... quite impressive for an 8 year old who doesn't speak Italian. Enjoy... Con Te Partiro.

I can only imagine how impressive her singing will be (in Italian) when she finally gains some more knowledge of the spoken Italian language.

I can only imagine how impressive her singing will be (in Italian) when she finally gains some more knowledge of the spoken Italian language.
The famous music producer <a href=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Foster>David Foster</a>,who has been a Producer for some of the greatest talents in the music industry (see a listing by clicking his name... it's a link), said she could go on to be the greatest female opera singer of our time. He made that statement on the CNN TV channel here in the US during an interview by Piers Morgan... you can watch it here. That comment by David Foster occurs starting just a few seconds before 4 minutes into the interview. Given his background in the industry, if David Foster says it could happen, then it could definitely happen.

The famous music producer David Foster,who has been a Producer for some of the greatest talents in the music industry (see a listing by clicking his name... it's a link), said she could go on to be the greatest female opera singer of our time. He made that statement on the CNN TV channel here in the US during an interview by Piers Morgan... you can watch it here. That comment by David Foster occurs starting just a few seconds before 4 minutes into the interview. Given his background in the industry, if David Foster says it could happen, then it could definitely happen.
Just wait until she's older and stronger. She'll be able to put more "power" into her voice.

I'm not a big fan of opera but I know a great voice when I hear one!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lordy888

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back