In 2049 a computer for $1000 will exceed intelligence of human race

• Yes, which means humans can relax and enjoy life

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, humans are way too smart for assembled capacitors and resistors

• matrix is coming

• Total voters
It would behave however it was built to behave. Unless you built it to learn and evolve, in which case it would behave how it learned to behave within the framework you laid out.
The humorous thing in all that is that computers would need to have a "good upbringing" just like humans. GIGO.

Excel Facts

Repeat Last Command
Pressing F4 adds dollar signs when editing a formula. When not editing, F4 repeats last command.
Oh yes! too many variables...but that phrase suggests there are finite variables....and even when infinite >> wouldn't a computer prioritize more appropriate?

When you are out enjoying yourself of an evening, how many times have you actually considered all of the variables which would contribute to your descision as to when to leave? I guess rarely. However, a computer would take all of these varibles into account, thus resulting in a different response.

And as for priorities, I would maybe prioritise having fun at the time and take the consequences in the morning, but not always, even given the same situation twice. The difference with a computer is that it would always make the same descision given the same varibles.

make the same descision given the same varibles.

variable (as an Noun): something that may or does vary; a variable feature or factor

wouldn't you? make the same descision given the same variables??

Not necesarily, I have the freedom to make a choice which a computer does not. We are never really given the opportunity to put ourselves in exactly the same situation with the same variables more than once, but the fact that I can make a choice puts me above a computer which would make a calculated descision and come to the same conclusion every time.

hey nick, when a human makes a choice it is also based on what he knows from before. what do you think?

What you know before is surely your biggest influence when making a decision. I’d say that you rate your own experience higher than anything you’ve read or been told. I just think we have a greater capacity to prioritise our knowledge and to ignore experience if we choose to than a machine would. Unless we explicitly defined every possible situation and weighted each decision that could be made under every circumstance following a machine’s advice would be more like following your conscience – we all know what the right thing to do is most of the time – doesn’t mean we’ll always do it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CaseyJones1979

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back