HELP!! Regarding copying data from one sheet to another using certain conditions

Abhilash Mathew

Hi all,

I need help on how to go about copying data from one sheet to another based on a certain condition, specifically industry or sector. This is to keep track of daily trades, etc that are changed daily. I have one sheet labeled Today's Events and then a few sheets divided by sectors such as Financial, Energy, Pharmaceutics, etc.

Here is some info and closely related example of some of the data
A B C D E
A1 Country Company Code Sale Amt Industry
Denmrk Oreal STM FP (£1.20) Financial
Sweden Nabisco FGR FP (£ 3.5) TMT
France Chinxl ELI1V FH SEK (3.6) Energy

I would like this data to be copied, for example there is a financial sector,and I would like for the financial sheet to automatically copy row B based on industry, and so forth. How would i do this? Is there a VBA code I can use or any other way? Please and any help is appreciated. Thanks!

Good mourning John,

Thanks for your post. Sorry for the late reply, I was out of the office yesterday. Your code seems to be leading in the right direction but i'm running into a little trouble. I ran the code but it does not seem to want to filter out the rows that contain "financial" in column P on the "Todays Events" sheet and pasting it into the "Financial" sheet. It doesn't seem to include that in the code.
I'm not sure if I sounded a bit confusing earlier, I needed to have the "Todays Events" sheet automated so that every time there are new sales put into this sheet, it can automatically update all the other sector sheets such as "Financial" sheet, "TMT" sheet, etc. For example, in "Todays Events" sheet, I needed every row that contains "financial" in it to be filtered out and copied and pasted into the "Financial" sheet starting on cell A8 on each of the sector sheets. The code seems like it would work except that I'm not exactly sure what it is copying from "Todays Events"sheet and pasting into each of the sector sheets. I'm not sure if that makes a bit more sense, I may have stated it differently last time. Thank you for your help.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
Hey John,
Good mourning and thanks for your post. My apologies, I was out of the office or I would have responded sooner. I have tried your code and it seems to be leading me in the right direction. However, I have run into a little bit of a problem. I’m not entirely sure what the code is instructing to copy or where it is pasting it. I’m not too sure if I properly stated as I may have not made much sense. Let me start over.
Let’s say I have three sheets in the workbook named “Todays Events” , “Financial”, and “TMT”. “Todays Events” sheet will act as a master sheet. The sales entered into “Todays Events” changes on a daily basis and I need to have this sheet automatically filter out, lets say, every row that contains the word “financial” in column P and then have those rows automatically copy and paste itself into the “Financials” sheet starting on cell A8. Next, I would need the “Todays Events” sheet to automatically filter out every row that contains the word “TMT” in column P of the “Todays Events” sheet and have those rows copied and pasted into the “TMT” sheet, starting with cell A8 . Most of the time, all of the sales made in “Todays Events” sheet are all different from the previous day, so I need to have the sector sheets automatically update itself after changes are made on the master sheet. I may have not been as clear earlier but hope this makes a bit more sense. Again, thank you for your help

Upvote 0
Hey John,
Good mourning and thanks for your post. My apologies, I was out of the office or I would have responded sooner. I have tried your code and it seems to be leading me in the right direction. However, I have run into a little bit of a problem. I’m not entirely sure what the code is instructing to copy or where it is pasting it. I’m not too sure if I properly stated as I may have not made much sense. Let me start over.
Let’s say I have three sheets in the workbook named “Todays Events” , “Financial”, and “TMT”. “Todays Events” sheet will act as a master sheet. The sales entered into “Todays Events” changes on a daily basis and I need to have this sheet automatically filter out, lets say, every row that contains the word “financial” in column P and then have those rows automatically copy and paste itself into the “Financials” sheet starting on cell A8. Next, I would need the “Todays Events” sheet to automatically filter out every row that contains the word “TMT” in column P of the “Todays Events” sheet and have those rows copied and pasted into the “TMT” sheet, starting with cell A8 . Most of the time, all of the sales made in “Todays Events” sheet are all different from the previous day, so I need to have the sector sheets automatically update itself after changes are made on the master sheet. I may have not been as clear earlier but hope this makes a bit more sense. Again, thank you for your help.

Upvote 0
Hey John,
Let’s say I have three sheets in the workbook named “Todays Events” , “Financial”, and “TMT”. “Todays Events” sheet will act as a master sheet. The sales entered into “Todays Events” changes on a daily basis and I need to have this sheet automatically filter out, lets say, every row that contains the word “financial” in column P and then have those rows automatically copy and paste itself into the “Financials” sheet starting on cell A8. Next, I would need the “Todays Events” sheet to automatically filter out every row that contains the word “TMT” in column P of the “Todays Events” sheet and have those rows copied and pasted into the “TMT” sheet, starting with cell A8 . Most of the time, all of the sales made in “Todays Events” sheet are all different from the previous day, so I need to have the sector sheets automatically update itself after changes are made on the master sheet. I may have not been as clear earlier but hope this makes a bit more sense. Again, thank you for your help.

Upvote 0
Hey John,

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesymcox

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back