VBA Help - Command Button to copy data from one sheet to another

Dave Carr QM

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
As a new member I am impressed with this forum, my first post was solved in minutes.

I have no experience with VBA code so I am at a loss on where to start with my next Problem on the same spreadsheet.
I have a Document Register which I want to link to a Transmittal sheet with the press of a command button, the process is as follows, when referenced to the displayed model
Documents are listed on the Register as they are completed by the designer, If the Document controller presses button A under a specified date ( highlighted yellow) then cells C11:C14 are copied into sheet "Transmit A" cells B13:16, also D11:D14 copied to C13:C16, and S11:S14 copied to D13:D16.
Other Cells on "Transmit A" could be filled Manually
When the Save Button is Pressed the sheet is saved as an Output sheet "001"

If Button B is pressed the same process is carried out but completing "Transmit B"

1720791271820.png

1720791440338.png
1720791561590.png

Any Assistance would be grateful

I assume that the Project Manager is entered manually on the Transmittals. Is this correct? Are C19 and E10 in the Transmittals also entered manually?
Can cell C10 & E10 on the Transmittal be copied to E37 & I37 (if Transmittal 1)
This can be done but Jonathon Reid has a Transmittal of 2 not 1 on the REGISTER sheet. Is the "2" entered manually? Please clarify.

As the document grows how easy is it to add rows beyond 21 & 39 and columns AF onwards without corrupting the VBA?
This can also be done with some changes to the code.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
I assume that the Project Manager is entered manually on the Transmittals. Is this correct? Are C19 and E10 in the Transmittals also entered manually?

This can be done but Jonathon Reid has a Transmittal of 2 not 1 on the REGISTER sheet. Is the "2" entered manually? Please clarify.

This can also be done with some changes to the code.
Hi
The Project Manager is always the same so this can be prepopulated cell
Yes Cells C10 and E10 of the transmitals are manually selected from the drop down list depending on who you want to send the document to.
The Document Transmittal should be the next unique number, if the last transmittal was 005 the next will be 006 regardless if it is generated on Transmit A or Transmit B

It is anticipated that the columns could reach increase by 50 to CC with the rows after 18 increase to row 80 , It may be easier to copy the template and store 30 documents on each then complete another workbook?
If adding columns and rows is understandable by non programmer could the areas of code be identified as an instruction separate to the document.

Thanks

Upvote 0
Click here for your file. If you get unnecessary data in columns B and C in the Transmittal sheets, that is due to the fact that some of what appear to be blank cells in the range P10:AE18 of the REGISTER contain a blank space. This space is not visible but it is still recognized as a character by Excel. If you continue to get this problem, delete all the unnecessary spaces in that range.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back