Gripe

I received a call from Constance today, a case manager at HP. She told me she was on vacation and that is why I haven't been contacted. Can you believe that?!?!?!?!

Then she tells me that there's a good chance that HP won't replace the laptop because it is past the 21 days allotted to make returns! I asked her how could they hold me responsible for going past the 21 days when they refused to make contact with me! She rudely interupted and just told me, "Sir, don't get angry with me, I'm just trying to help."

I really HATE Hewlett Packard and the way they treat customers.

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
I was contacted by a sales rep this afternoon about my case. He told me to forget what this senior rep said because she's in tech support not sales and his word trumps hers. He told me someone would call before I left work to order me a new laptop.

Low and behold, about 30 minutes later I received a phone call from a woman with, and I swear it, a voice of an angel. With an angelic song she sang the words I've longed to hear on this long hard journey, "We will send you a new laptop right away."

I swear I had to hold back tears.

But, I'm not counting my eggs just yet. When the computer is in my hands and working properly, then I will feel the sweet relief.

This is day 45 since my initial contact with HP. Hopefully the end is just around the corner.

I'll keep ya'll posted.

I'm impressed, only 45 days and the end is in sight! If only all customer service departments were as efficient as HP(!)

Got my new computer from HP today. All I can say is, WOW! They ugraded this thing to the max for my troubles. I got about $600 in upgrades including a copy of Office 2007! Went from an 80g HD to a 200g HD, 1g RAM to 2g RAM, 1.8gHz Processor to 2.0gHz Processor, a bunch of software, fingerprint reader, built-in webcam, plus more.

I expected a couple of upgrades but nothing like this.

What can I say...I guess everyone does have a price, because I think I'd buy from them again after seeing what they did for my troubles.

It's nice you finally got this resolved, but I still think heads should roll at HP for putting you through this in the first place. Perhaps heads did roll?

I doubt it. If you do a Google on HP customer and technical service, you will find they have a long history of putting people through the ringer. I've found that there are many many people that are told "Someone will contact you within 48 hours" but indeed are NEVER contacted. And the reason they are never contacted is because the case will automatically close after 48 hours if the Reps can't get back to you in that time.

I'm sure JD Power and Associates, who awarded HP on their customer service looks at the time that a case is opened and then closed and says, "Wow! HP resolves almost every case within a 48 hour period!" but the reality is that even if no one contacts you, the case closes and HP looks like they're doing an outstanding job.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
beraned1218

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back