GOODBYE FROM 'ONLYADRAFTER'

Hi Richard

I have surfed MrExcel on many occasion during contracts and it has definitely helped me get out of a few tight situations. Rather than reading the help files, I find working examples here that I can adapt for what I need. Also, when surfing MrExcel I come across new and improved ways of doing things which I now just start using. So I would say it has definitely improved my productivity on Excel. However, how I spend those gains is another story......

Cheers, Andrew

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.
It is with deep regret that I must inform you that I can no longer participate in this excellent forum.
Boooooooooooooo! :cry:

So in a week or two, I WILL BE BACK (full time!).
Hurraaaaaaaahhh! :-D

Welcome back Drafter!

DominicB

It's an interesting debating point re does answering posts on a forum like MrExcel (and even simply reviewing threads/looking at answers) improve one's skill (yes I'd say) and thus improve one's productivity at work. This second point is probably much harder to answer - my own experience would suggest that my potential productivity has increased, but it is harder to argue that, in reality, my actual productivity has increased.

Thoughts anyone?

Agree

Helping others does help you, more so when other people add value to your original idea or answer, it provides a new way of thinking :-D or an alternative which may value your employer or experience

Thanks Drafter

I know I have not been on this site as much as I would like too but in the past you have helped me also and for that I thank you very much. This is a great site and I have learnt heaps so hope to see you here again one day.

Paul Maynard
Moscow

There are certainly some things that would not be appropriate in a 'face the wall' situation (which, incidentally I think is a stupid way to do work, cos how do you talk to people?) but I have always thought, since coming here for the first time a few months ago, that MrExcel is a perfectly legitimate use of time. Like so many other people here, I have been able to take my projects so much further than before.

If my employers pulled me up for visiting here I would seriously question their understanding. This is one thing that is invaluable to my development and therefore to my company's development.

Having said that I was at a job interview the other day, which included a half hour excel test. It wasn't the usual patronising stuff - how to open and save documents... but was somewhat more challenging. Having finished the interview and test I felt I had let nerves get the better of me and I had blown it. BUT they have called me back for a second interview, as my Excel was
SO the long and the short of it is - my time spent here at MrExcel may soon be benefiting a different company! (Lets hope they understand the benefits of this forum! :wink: )

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DolonG

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back