Get rid of merged cells! Debate

Well, if'n yer that commited to the double space after a period then you can always use the
HTML:
«ampersand»nbsp;
bit.

0 1  2   3    4     ....

You'd probably want to write your posts up in MS Word first and use autocorrect or something to make the process less onerous.

Excel Facts

Copy a format multiple times
Select a formatted range. Double-click the Format Painter (left side of Home tab). You can paste formatting multiple times. Esc to stop
Bah! I think I'll just take my chances and type in this lovely box here.

OK, so yer dedication to your homeland's system (yer the chap that said 'twas called "English spacing") goes by the boards when it becomes a litte bit <SUP>{in a "Jon Lovitz voice"}</SUP>inconveeenient? :nya: [shakes head and sighs]...fair-weather grammarians...

Well quite, I like my grammar, but first and foremost I’m lazy. If it’s gonna take out a space here and there then I guess I’ll just have to live with it. The worst thing is that I’m still applying my double spacing whilst typing this, even though I know it won’t make any difference!! Old habits die hard……

I use merged cells, although I agree they cn be a pain, they are definitely much neater and polished (to use a previous anology) than using a text box.

It does all come down to personal preference and it really depends what you're using Excel for.

To answer another question of why anyone would write oodles of text in Excel - one simple answer Word is a flicking nightmare!

Expiry, why did you shoplift your signature from Sainsburys ?
http://www.sainsburys.co.uk/home.htm

Four reasons

1. That's who I work for and I'm a loyal, company focussed kind of guy.

2. I thought it was apt, seeing as we should all try something new today, with Excel.

3. I shoplift everything from Sainsbury's

4. I was trying to think of a new signature and I panicked.

P.S. I'm never sure if there should be a 'K' in panicked or not. It feels right, but it sure doesn't look right.

P.S. I'm never sure if there should be a 'K' in panicked or not. It feels right, but it sure doesn't look right.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>
Yes, there is a ‘K’ in panicked. I agree, it looks a little strange, but looks even weirder without!!!

<o:p> </o:p>
Yes, there is a ‘K’ in panicked. I agree, it looks a little strange, but looks even weirder without!!!

I'll tell you something stranger - Fridge is an abbreviation of Refrigerator and yet there's an extra D in it. What's that all about?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luis_Macros

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back