Funny companies

I'm not sure if this is against form rules etc but I did <b>genuinely</b> have male Maths teacher called Bates and I went to a posh-(ish) school so I'll leave you to work it out why it seemed so very amusing at the time...

Excel Facts

Does the VLOOKUP table have to be sorted?
No! when you are using an exact match, the VLOOKUP table can be in any order. Best-selling items at the top is actually the best.
Hampshire is to the West of Surrey - noxious clouds resulting from clumsy chemists is the root of Bryony's comment (I believe).

I seem to remember sugar mixed with potassium iodate and then ignited produced a pleasing green cloud...

You are correct. I was being a bit obscure.

Cos of course you are local to the area in question, aren't you? ALthough I am in London now I grew up in Merrow, by Guildford.

I am indeed, bordon is in hampshire, about an hour (on train) from Guildford, pretty much next door to peterfield and liphook

Probably not really companies but they would be good if they were

Cook, Books & Hyde - Accountants
Dolittle and Dalley - Efficiency consultants
Howe, Dewey, Cheatem & Wynn - attornies
Levin N. Sinn - Vicar
Claude McCann - Lion Tamer
Rex Carr's - Driving Instructor

Human & Pitt -- Funeral directors (this was real)

Denis

We used to have a Chinese take-away in <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" /><st1:place w:st="on">Poole</st1:place> (recently expanded into by an off-licence). It didn’t have a funny name in itself – “The China Palace”, however, everyone from the <st1:place w:st="on"><st1:country-region w:st="on">UK</st1:country-region></st1:place> here will surely be aware that take-away menus, etc. are notorious for their poor spelling and inconsistencies. Oddly, The China Palace menu was absolutely fine, however, when they had the sign done for the front of the building, they clearly didn’t notice that there was a letter missing, as the sign proudly stated:
“The <st1:Street w:st="on"><st1:address w:st="on">China Place</st1:address></st1:Street>”

And I can’t leave this thread without pointing you all towards this:
http://rahoi.com/2006/03/may-i-take-your-order/
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>
It’s possibly the funniest thing I’ve EVER seen on the internet, it has me in tears of laughter every time I read it!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luis_Macros

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back