Funny companies

@xyzabc198

I understand what is xyz and abc - however what does 198 represent in your screen name ? just anxious :rolleyes:

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.
Not companies, but when I was at school, the woodwork master was called Mr Glue, and one chemistry teacher was Dr Spillet!

Us Surrey people often wondered what the green smoke on the western horizon was!

Not companies, but when I was at school, the woodwork master was called Mr Glue, and one chemistry teacher was Dr Spillet!

Alike these, we used to nickname each and every teacher in our school. Ours was a "Only Boys" high school and we used to name these teachers as follows:

Chemistry sir --> Likud becoz he was from Madras and he used to pronounce "Liquid" as LIKUD.

Biology sir --> Arthropoda (The organism "Arthropoda" was his favorite !

Hindi teacher --> Rambo (One day she got hurt on her forehead and she came to school with a huge ribbon wrapped around her forehead) !

Sanskrit sir --> Ravan ( In hindu mythology -Ravan is supposed to be a beast and he was given this name cuz of his beastility acts) !

History sir --> Sattu (Sattu represents a "mavaali" name. Mavaali - meaning road side romeos)

Geography teacher --> Haafus (Haafus is a hindi word for mango - and just because her breasts were the shape of a mango and her real name was Alphonso, :lol:)

Physics teacher --> All the bad words which you can think of in Hindi or English..hehehe !

English teacher --> Sir Joy (Actually the teacher is a female and her real name is Joyamma but she portrayed an actual male in her and hence we named her "Sir Joy" !

Algebra sir --> Bagla (Bagla is hindi word for a duck :rofl: he used to walk like a duck in school hence this name)

I dont remember but a hell of names we had in our school days. Oh boy, these were my wonderful days where we enjoyed each and every moment of life. So sad we can never have them back :(

OK, you lost me now

Hampshire is to the West of Surrey - noxious clouds resulting from clumsy chemists is the root of Bryony's comment (I believe).

I seem to remember sugar mixed with potassium iodate and then ignited produced a pleasing green cloud...

A funny name for a beverage I heard a joke about the other day was Dixon Cider.

The slogan for it was:

It's been a while since he has had a Dixon Cider.

It had me laughing for a while. :rofl:

Thats...rather disturbing lol

There is a new cider called gaymans Cider or something like that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Luis_Macros

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back