Funny companies

xyzabc198

Board Regular
I was just scrolling through a list of contacts, and found a company that Import and distribute bananas.

It got me thinking about all the different funny things companies do and funny company names.

Like once I called mr Benson, and he said his manager Mr Hedges was the guy I needed (Benson and hedges is a type of cigarette)

I once spoke to a Mr Tight at a belt manufacturer.
I once called a toilet seat manufacturer called potty power ltd (bankrupt now I believe.)

Anyone else got any funny ones?

Excel Facts

Is there a shortcut key for strikethrough?
Ctrl+S is used for Save. Ctrl+5 is used for Strikethrough. Why Ctrl+5? When you use hashmarks to count |||| is 4, strike through to mean 5.
There's a local cement making company whose lorries I see quite often going down city road called 'Jim'll Mix It.'

I used to work for a guy (who was very unpleasant) who shipped waste paper to the other side of the world to be recycled (although I wonder whether the actually shipping was better for the environment...) Anyway for some god unknown reason he called his business Xpap. I just sounded so awful.

Although not a company, I currently work in The Department of Play. Very Orwellian.

haha some good ones there Bryony, the Xpap guy sounds a little crazy...
I just remembered a window cleaning guy who named his company BeeJay...surely they must have known what they were implying, but seeing these huge vans with BEEJAY printed in huge letter on the side gave our town such a bad image

Whats funny about a company that distibutes bananas? if someone didn't then we would have no banana, oh yes we have no babanas today.

It wasn't http://www.fyffes.com/ was it?

what about this one - Got it as an email a while back - I think it might actual be genuine as well

Ad-StiffNipples.jpg
http://www.galvestonmusicscene.com/Blog-Photos/Ad-StiffNipples.jpg

I'd rather not say company names really..it wasn't really funny, I just find bananas ammusing...I'm weird like that...and it just got me thinking about it

have a lot, nevertheless they ain't in english but in hindi and i guess there is no good reason to post em' here :(

Probably not really companies but they would be good if they were

Cook, Books & Hyde - Accountants
Dolittle and Dalley - Efficiency consultants
Howe, Dewey, Cheatem & Wynn - attornies
Levin N. Sinn - Vicar
Claude McCann - Lion Tamer
Rex Carr's - Driving Instructor

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GunsofBrixton

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back