Forum hangs a lot

T. Valko

Anyone else using IE6 to access these forums?

I use IE6 and the forum threads hang (fails to open) a lot.

I can get to the home page no problem but quite often (just about every time I visit the forum) when I click a thread it's hang time!

I have noticed this problem lately as well. Both in IE7 and IE6. I use both browsers both at work and at home. Seems to be more of a problem in the evening for me (which seems like there would be less traffic), but I have been more scarce lately. I also hardly ever have a problem with the home page.

I've had hanging issues as well lately (using Firefox 3.5.3). Sorry I'm of no help, but just wanted to report that it's not just an IE issue.

It has nothing to do with the internet browsers you are using.
It is mostly a "heavy traffic" issue.

It is worst during "high traffic" times, which are business hours on the East Coast of the US (9:00 AM - 5:00 PM EDT, which is GMT-5).

Joe

I think 'heavy traffic' is an issue but I don't think it's the only one.

I log on, or try to, at all times of the day - just depends what I'm doing, where I am etc.

And I always seem to experience problems at some point - it could be a problem at my end, Vista has become a bit of a pain.

My computer in general is a bit of a nightmare - broadband makes it a bit tempting to download stuff that I don't need.:)

Think I've got a trial version of AutoCad kicking about somewhere, don't know why.:rolleyes:

Looks like I'm not the only one that experiences this.

It is mostly a "heavy traffic" issue.
I thought that might have something to do with it but just wanted to see if I was the only one this happened to.

Happens to me all the time (using IE6 at work) and I don't think it's just a traffic issue. I don't use FF enough to log on to MrExcel to make a truly valid comparison, but I rarely have any problems with FF logging on. Some banner ads/advertising messages really seem to kill IE (at least on other sites I frequent) so maybe something like this is also hitting us IE users at MrExcel?

I use IE8 at home and at work, and still have the problems. You can usually tell the peak times, because that's when we see a lot of double-posts and people get impatient and click the Submit button multiple times, resulting in double-postings.

If the forum hangs during my peak work hours, what am I supposed to troll instead of doing work?! I really hope this is going to be addressed soon as I find myself being too productive at work and my boss is starting to suspect I've been slacking for the last several months!!! :eek:

I have the same in IE7. I use Google Chrome and all is well, or at least a lot better. So download Google Chrome and Safari for that matter and you can spend the next couple of weeks configuring them to log you in to all your sites. After that, I am not sure how to spend your time at "work" :LOL:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ang24

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back