forum ads

Re: MrExcel lowers its standards...

Thanks for that Bill, much appreciated.
I too don't have any problem clicking a few ads each week.

I ditto alphafrog's ditto...

but the offer I made was serious. also checked a price for same as 16Gb

Add me to the ranks of the ad-clickers! I didn't realize how little it would take to finance this board. And frankly, I can't afford to let this board get away. It's too valuable to my job.

I would definitely buy a MrExcel flash drive! I get a ton of compliments on my MrExcel cup and pen that I won in a contest a year or two back. Sure they start off as mocking until I show them that MrExcel is actually a place to go and not a self-appointed title. Also, I'd be more than happy to make a donation (and I'll start clicking ads as well). I wouldn't be anywhere close to where I am today professionally had it not been for this board!

what would be a fair retail price for the flash drive? given that I would be committing to 1000 pieces for a good wholesale deal, but I can get less, although the price is not as good. there would be a strictly limited collectible edition with numbered laminated certificate. also they need to be posted. and mrexcel needs to benefit from the sale of the items. it is a substantial amount to fork out, so I would need to get funding in some shape or form to be able to go ahead. did i mention I can get 8G or 16G...

this is an example I googled. the sample pics I have from the company look better. I can get various colours mixed in the 1000 pieces.
note the image is inside the crystal and it is glass not plastic

http://image.made-in-china.com/43f34j00uSAQPBrsbLqG/3D-Crystal-Glass-LED-USB-Flash-Drive.jpg

Last edited:

From looking at newegg.com prices, it seems there isn't too much of a difference in price between the 8G and 16G flash drives. Are they USB2.0 or 3.0? It looks like the novelty shaped flash drives go for around $25 (US). I think anything more than that would be unreasonable.

USB2 I am fairly sure but I will check. I reckon I could get the 16G in the post within that budget. they are light but aust post would want about AUD8 to ship in aust. as a guide aust -> USA would be about USD11 by sea or USD14 by air. this would mean that I would need to be able to cover that within the budget. if I bulk ship, say 200 to USA, 200 to UK etc, and then have them dispatched locally, it would undoubtedly produce better profit for mrexcel. maybe a sticky survey is in order to see what members think?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmix803

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back