forum ads

Re: MrExcel lowers its standards...

Would you favour a subscription fee?

We have actually discussed this before, and Bill shot it down in favor of keeping the resource free for everyone.

I just wish that there could be a way found to reposition the ad in the first post so it doesn't compress any code window as l end up having to adjust my zoom settings (luckily my mouse can do this) or pasting the code in a module.
But as already been said this is a small inconvenience, well worth it for the forum remaining free to use and appreciate all the time and effort everyone puts in to maintain it.

I agree with MARK858. I don't mind the use of ads as they pay for the cost of business. I do find the placement of the ad in the first post to be intrusive and inconvenient. I would prefer a banner-style add between posts or below the first post.

Last edited:

it is true that I have made a couple of thousand posts. it is also true that I have asked about 6 questions in 9 years and of those, some are still unresolved today, but that's fine. I have met a number of interesting people if only virtually. I already use an adblocker and have for years, so the ads only appear as an empty hyperlink. and I agree with tinap about intrusive ads. I think the appearance of ads on mrexcel was a bit like hearing one's mother swear for the first time. a wave of horror surges thru ones veins and ones head pulses. then one gets all hot and bothered and makes posts of objection.
it was certainly a good way to get the mods stirred up, :biggrin: ....

but I still don't like ads, although it is a shame that all those who gladly accept (demand) help don't support the forum by purchasing a book/product etc. I guess that is human nature.

If you buy a book it is payment for Bills extensive efforts and time spent writing that book. That's not a contribution to this forum...

how about some merchandise. id buy a coffee mug or something like that. t shirts, usb junk ... china churns out promotional stuff for next to nothing. I just did a very quick search and found a very cool flash drive. custom logo, clear plastic with color LED that highlights logo like a laser etch. 8gig. 100pieces for 7.50 each. 1000 would be way cheaper and if I actually made an effort to negotiate and shop around I could get cheaper still.

I will even offer to provide the labour to do all mail outs in Australia to save USA shipping to Australia.

ok, so I will put my efforts where my mouth is... I can secure an 8g flash drive with mrexcel logo laser etched in crystal with a choice of LED color. total dimension 67x18x10 mm. crystal L 30mm x W 18mm x 10mm for less than my previous post. I will post out all Australian deliveries as long as I am reimbersed for postage. labour/time free. I will bulk post international orders to various "reputable" members who can do the same as me in their country (or post them internationally myself if no one will volunteer) and all the profit goes to mrexcel.

how much would members pay for a limited edition mrexcel 8g flash drive?
members can have a leather case or a black display tin.
I will even design a uniquely numbered certificate just to improve you buying experience.

That's so cool! I think I need to get one for myself too :)

This is good feedback... Effective today, if you are signed in to the board, the ad in the first topic is gone.

The other ads, which are mostly around the edge, remain for all. Just a quick reminder, if you see an ad that looks interesting, please take a moment to click it and check out their offering. Right now, only 0.000899 of the ads are clicked. If 1 more person out of every 10000 page views would click an ad, then the ads would completely pay for the site cost each month.

I am happy to click the heck out of ads in exchange for getting rid of the one in the first post. Thank you, Bill.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmix803

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back