Excel Ribbon

I'd like to have the option of seeing whether or not I could live with the frame shifting up and down. I can simulate this functionality crudely with

Code:
Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)
  Application.FormulaBarHeight = 1 + Len(ActiveCell.Formula) \ 120
End Sub

which works OK with my screen resolution and default font, but it could get messed up with some proportional fonts.

I could live with a downward pointing arrow at the right end of the formula bar which expanded from 1 line to as many lines as needed to view the whole formula rather than just expanding to the last number of lines manually set. Or at least a right-click option with options for collapsed, last number of rows set manually (current left-click behavior) or all rows needed to display the entire cell contents.

I wouldn't use this all the time, only when writing/editing formulas. A lot of the time what cells are displaying is more important that what they contain, but sometimes what they contain is more important.

Excel Facts

Whats the difference between CONCAT and CONCATENATE?
The newer CONCAT function can reference a range of cells. =CONCATENATE(A1,A2,A3,A4,A5) becomes =CONCAT(A1:A5)
That's a fair point Colin but that would be the beauty of having the option - you could choose which approach you prefer for the workbook at hand.

hrlngrv said:
I could live with a downward pointing arrow at the right end of the formula bar which expanded from 1 line to as many lines as needed to view the whole formula rather than just expanding to the last number of lines manually set.
Yes, I agree that that would be a welcome (and very simple) improvement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lordy888

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back