1. Kay
2. Roy
3. Jay
4. Kay
5. Pete
6. Roy
7. Kay
8. Tom

These names might be repeating, such as Kay appearing 3 times above. How do I create a forumula to pull back the names in alphabetical order? But obviously omitting the repeating values? So if the forumula worked correctly I would have:

1. Jay
2. Kay
3. Pete
4. Roy
5. Tom

Thanks in advance

Unbelievable man! Thanks for all your help. Happy New Year!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
Wow!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
That is simply beautiful! Formulas like that, Richard, make Excel MUCH more fun than playing videos games!

Upvote 0
Wow!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
That is simply beautiful! Formulas like that, Richard, make Excel MUCH more fun than playing videos games!

Hi Mike

Try making a video on this when you are free

CHEERS

Upvote 0
mahmed1,<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
OK! I will try to make a video later today - that attempts to reveal the beauty of Richard’s post.

Upvote 0
You must enjoy making those videos, Mike! I count that as two requests in just over a week from mahmed1 alone!

Matty

Upvote 0
I hadn't noticed about the same Excel Enthusiast requesting two in one week. But no problem, what better way to spend vacation days than to make Excel videos!

Upvote 0
I am glad that you like it Matty!

Thanks for the formula, Richard Schollar!!

Upvote 0
Oh, you are the guy who has teached me how to use FREQUENCY function (i saw the video several times) and many others tricks.

Good job Mike and thanks so much.

Happy new year!

M.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LizN

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back