Excel Clipboard No Longer Clears Automatically

B5rocksass

Board Regular
Office Version
  1. 2016
Platform
  1. Windows
Ugh its so irritating that it holds onto the clipboard data unless I clear it manually. I can't stand it. I don't know why it is doing this all of a sudden other than there seem to be dozens of periodic changes that happen now that everything is cloud-based. Anyway, if someone can please please please advise me how to adjust the settings so that excel ALWAYS CLEARS THE CLIPBOARD AFTER PASTING - I would be extremely grateful. I've looked online but I can't find a non-manual solution. Thank you very much!

Thank you! This was driving me crazy too! Hitting esc was exactly what I needed.

In old excel, it didn't necessarily clear a copy after a paste, but if you did other stuff it did. So, for example, if I copied a column to another sheet, then removed the duplicates, removing the duplicates would clear the clipboard, so if I went back to the original sheet and inserted a column it just inserted a column. With the update, the clipboard was still there until I cleared it, so when I tried to insert a column on the original sheet, it wanted to insert the copied cells.

I used to double click in a random cell to clear my clipboard, but that wasn't working anymore. I was having to open the clipboard, clear it, and then proceed, which was insanely irritating because I move stuff around in excel a LOT. Escape is the single key-stroke solution that returns me to status quo.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

How to calculate loan payments in Excel?
Use the PMT function: =PMT(5%/12,60,-25000) is for a $25,000 loan, 5% annual interest, 60 month loan.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harold14

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back