Excel 2013 Preview

Michael when it happens it happens, to help perhaps you can check out the interactive flash movies which show the old 2003 screen and when you click on an item it rolls over to show you where to find the same item in the 2010 version, they are a good guide, obviously it won't tell you how to use the feature though.

Here is a link which maybe of use to you. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/getting-started-with-office-2010-FX101822272.aspx

Excel Facts

How to show all formulas in Excel?
Press Ctrl+` to show all formulas. Press it again to toggle back to numbers. The grave accent is often under the tilde on US keyboards.
Neither of them requires SQL server. They are both integrated to Excel. (PowerPivot is now installed by default rather than being a separate download)

@TrevorG
I don't have the problem....:grin:
I think I'm reasonably tech savvy, so I'll move on and adapt.....but there are people in our org, that still think I'm a guru !!!
Most of these poor beggars can't work out how to use copy / paste......remember....it is the Government...:banghead:

But, I really like the link...I may show that to a few of my minions !!

My mistake, I thought I remembered having to install it when I put PowerPivot on my home laptop.

Great if not as will be more likely to get it at work if it's part of the core install. Best learn how to use it a bit better.

Dom

Unless your IT department is quicker than most, I think you've got a while yet. :)

I do see that you are well versed Michael, I think the link will help others in your organisation.

What is it with the Excel team and pie charts?? :)

Not to mention that meaningless KPI colour button. As the data is sorted, it would seem to me that a horizontal line indicating threshold breaks would be far more visually effective. The only useful colour button there is on the totals.

Looks like they didn't really add much... In the typical Microsoft style, they don't give any real-life examples of when and how one would actually use these new features... "Flash Fill Here’s the easy way to reformat and rearrange your data. Excel learns and recognizes your pattern and auto-completes the remaining data, with no formulas or macros required."

Explain, Microsoft, explain.

Flash Fill Explained

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roberto Saveru

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back