Excel 2013 Preview

Excel Facts

When they said...
When they said you are going to "Excel at life", they meant you "will be doing Excel your whole life".
Nothing that groundbreaking by the looks of it. Be interesting to hear what anyone who has tried the beta thinks.

Dom

Excellent, that means my most up-to-date knowledge is based on TEN year old software... That makes me feel old.

Looks like they didn't really add much... In the typical Microsoft style, they don't give any real-life examples of when and how one would actually use these new features... "Flash Fill Here’s the easy way to reformat and rearrange your data. Excel learns and recognizes your pattern and auto-completes the remaining data, with no formulas or macros required."

Explain, Microsoft, explain.

Though I am excited for it, I will admit that.

Flash fill just sounds like an upgraded text to columns but maybe you can do more with it than that.

Dom

Excellent, that means my most up-to-date knowledge is based on TEN year old software... That makes me feel old.
Nothing wrong with that.

My default Excel version is Excel 2002. I do have 2007 but I absolutely hate the ribbon.

Looks like they didn't really add much... In the typical Microsoft style, they don't give any real-life examples of when and how one would actually use these new features... "Flash Fill Here’s the easy way to reformat and rearrange your data. Excel learns and recognizes your pattern and auto-completes the remaining data, with no formulas or macros required."

Explain, Microsoft, explain.
Hopefully, that's something that can be disabled! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roberto Saveru

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back