Excel 2011

Apple will tap into any market.....eventually. First they try to push their own non-compatible products and services and eventually they realise that actually they need to be compatible with other people in order to keep selling the product.

That will ultimately bite them in the behind though......Flash for iPad anyone?!

Excel Facts

Using Function Arguments with nested formulas
If writing INDEX in Func. Arguments, type MATCH(. Use the mouse to click inside MATCH in the formula bar. Dialog switches to MATCH.
Flash for iPad anyone?!
Haha, don't be silly.

I've always hated apple products.

They released the iPhone and everyone went mental; "You can MAKE CALLS, go on the INTERNET, pay money for APPS and TEXT people!!!"

*golfcalp* - Phones have been doing this for a long time...

Then they release a NEW iPhone with, omg, 3G! and video calls!

Maybe it isn't apple who I hate, maybe it's their customers..

Anyway, sorry to turn this into an apple hating thread!

Horses for courses. I don't really understand anyone who's rabidly on one side of the fence or the other. I happen to like Apple kit, generally, but I dislike Apple Fanboys and Fundamentalist Winites equally. ;)

Don't get me wrong, the iPod is amazing (the older generations), and the macs are great for design work... It's the other stuff I don't get ;-)

It does have VBA back. It also seems to run a **** sight quicker than earlier versions (especially 2008). I've only had it a couple of days, but I like what I've seen so far.
Thank you Roy.
Thank you MS.

Don't get me wrong, the iPod is amazing (the older generations), and the macs are great for design work... It's the other stuff I don't get ;-)

So you like the Macs and iPods - is it just the iPhone you hate? ;)

I have a distinct distaste for people who's iphone addictions are bordering on insanity... my other half got one, and after being completely in love with it for the first 3 months (and still occasionally a glimmer of joy when telling people he has one) now constantly complains about the lack of signal, rubbish camera, expensive pointless apps and genuine lack of it's ability to function as a phone.

I on the other hand am happy with my Satio... you can make calls on it, text people on it, and it has a great camera. What more do I need? :)

Here's my Apple joke of the day:

How do you know when someone has an IPhone?

They tell you.

Wasn't Excel 1.0 on the Mac and not on the Windows Platform?

Thus Mac Excel is the Daddy and should therefore be referred to as "Excel" while the other should be referred to as "Windows Excel". :-D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jadethejade

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back