Don't count duplicates

RPowlett

Hi,

I hope someone can help with this query.

I am looking to record each of my team members activity excluding duplicate results.

Here is some sample data:

Phoner Company Name Date of Meeting DD/MM/YY Month Meeting Held in Initial Meeting Type AA1F or Tel "Does the company have a DB Scheme?
Y/N" Opportunity Booked on Total Fee/Bkge Consultants Name Pipeline, Work In Progress, Not Interested, Won or Lost
Caller 1 T J Smith & Nephew 01/03/2015 March Telephone No Opportunity 1 Consultant 11 Not Interested
Caller 1 Streamline 01/05/2015 May Face To Face Yes Opportunity 1 £10,000 Consultant 20 Won
Caller 1 Streamline 03/06/2015 June Telephone No Opportunity 1 Consultant 1 Won
Caller 1 Streamline 03/06/2015 June Face To Face Yes Opportunity 2 Consultant 12 Won
Caller 1 Street League 01/08/2015 August Telephone No Opportunity 3 Consultant 7 Won
Caller 1 T J Smith & Nephew 01/11/2015 November Face To Face Yes Opportunity 2 Consultant 3 Won
Caller 1 Streamline 02/11/2015 November Face To Face Yes Opportunity 1 Consultant 4 Won
Caller 1 Streamline 02/11/2015 November Telephone Yes Opportunity 2 Consultant 2 Won
Caller 1 Streamline 05/12/2015 December Face To Face Yes Opportunity 1 Consultant 8 Won
Caller 1 Abbott Laboratories 16/05/2015 May Face To Face Yes Opportunity 1 Consultant 20 Won
Caller 1 Aberdeen Asset Management August Face To Face No Opportunity 1 Consultant 6 Work In Progress

I need to find out how many different opportunities each caller has made counting duplicate opportunities for each company only once. I would also need a formula for the total amounts of the won opportunities for each caller.

For example Caller 1 has made a total of 5 opportunities so far worth £10k.

I tried this formula for the number of opportunities but I kept getting an inaccurate number:

{=SUM(IF(FREQUENCY(IF('BDT Meetings Log'!A2:A2000=A3,IF(1-('BDT Meetings Log'!B2:B2000=""),IF(1-('BDT Meetings Log'!G2:G2000=""),MATCH('BDT Meetings Log'!B2:B2000&'BDT Meetings Log'!G2:G2000,'BDT Meetings Log'!B2:B2000&'BDT Meetings Log'!G2:G2000,'BDT Meetings Log'!J2:J2000="Won")))),ROW('BDT Meetings Log'!G2:G2000)-ROW('BDT Year Stats'!A3)+1),1))}

Can someone help me please?

RPowlett

Hi Aladin,

I've just made the adjustment you suggested for the values and that works perfectly!

Thanks for all of your help with this:biggrin:

RPowlett

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Test for Multiple Conditions in IF?
Use AND(test, test, test, test) or OR(test, test, test, ...) as the logical_test argument of IF.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tommyw

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back