Do you take your laptop with you when you go away on holiday?

Do you take your laptop with you when you go away on holiday?

• Yes

Votes: 15 48.4%
  • No

Votes: 16 51.6%

• Total voters
You should have provided one more option:
"Laptop?, what laptop?".

I must be the most anti-tech IT guy.
- I have no laptop
- I begrudgingly got a cell phone a few years ago, but all it does it make calls (no internet or camera). I can text with it, but it is very cumbersome. But I think I can count all the text messages I ever sent on one hand.
- I am not on any social network sites (no FaceBook, LinkedIn, MySpace, etc).

But, hey, I have email!:biggrin:

Maybe I'm the *second* most anti-tech IT guy... Except for the laptop, same as Joe.

I have taken my laptop away on the odd weekend away, but usually that's because I was going from work and had it in my bag anyway. I seldom try to work when I'm on holiday although I have answered clients' calls at strange times of the day and night.

Denis

Excel Facts

Can you AutoAverage in Excel?
There is a drop-down next to the AutoSum symbol. Open the drop-down to choose AVERAGE, COUNT, MAX, or MIN
Thanks all for the responses. I have had a number of surveys running and the conclusion is that with a combined sample of about 180 people 56% of people travel with a laptop.

I may reveal later why exactly I need to know this info. It all depends really.... Either my venture will be a complete flop and I'll be too embarassed to say or I'll be filthy rich living in a mansion somewhere exotic and either have forgotten who you all are or just pretend I don't know you. :stickouttounge:

I took my laptop with me once and it took me about 2 months to get back into the missus' good books...

I use to take mine with me, but ever since I got my Asus EEE transformer tablet that's all I carry. With the keyboard option its a life saver if someone sends me something I need to look at in excel or autocad. Plus I just take it out of the keyboard and have my e reader with me.

My work laptop stays at home or office, but my Macbook Pro ALWAYS comes along on holidays. I photograph a lot and I need the HDD + ext HDDs to store them and to exec a daily review of what I have shot.
I don't email during holidays or browse the web and I'm not partial to facebooking.:biggrin:

Rob

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xel003

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back