Do you take your laptop with you when you go away on holiday?

Do you take your laptop with you when you go away on holiday?

• Yes

Votes: 15 48.4%
  • No

Votes: 16 51.6%

• Total voters
I don't ever take the laptop on holiday, whether going abroad or somewhere in the UK. I figure a holiday is a holiday, and a laptop is a device for work. If I need MrExcel, I have my phone. Need Facebook, I have my phone. Need to do a quick spreadsheet about something...got Excel it on my phone!

I have figured though that I am addicted to this place, travelled down to Knebworth to go Sonisphere and spent most of the train journey on MrExcel :eeek:

Excel Facts

Square and cube roots
The =SQRT(25) is a square root. For a cube root, use =125^(1/3). For a fourth root, use =625^(1/4).
I took mine to Jersey this year. I don't think I'd be comfortable taking it much further afield (except on business trips).

Didn't say I worked.. my phone only does calls & text. But, I can use the netbook to log into the house and checks the cams. And I can move messages.. guess I do work a little, but when you work for yourself, you have to... Last real vacation was back in 08, I think

You should have provided one more option:
"Laptop?, what laptop?".

I must be the most anti-tech IT guy.
- I have no laptop
- I begrudgingly got a cell phone a few years ago, but all it does it make calls (no internet or camera). I can text with it, but it is very cumbersome. But I think I can count all the text messages I ever sent on one hand.
- I am not on any social network sites (no FaceBook, LinkedIn, MySpace, etc).

But, hey, I have email!:biggrin:

I use a laptop at work and I stare at it so much that I don't want a computer at home. My cell phone sends and receives calls only; I've blocked texts. I avoid Facebook, etc., because I don't want to be linked to a computer 24/7. Occasionally, I'll get on a friend's computer to check my email while on vacation or over a weekend, but that's the exception rather than the rule.

I believe that there is a time and a place for everything. Bedrooms are for sleep (and other extracurricular activities). Dinner with friends means no cell phones; I'm there to socialize with the people sitting across from me, not talk to someone else. And when I'm on vacation, I don't want to think about work (except to think, "I'm glad I'm not at work"). If I return to work and can't remember my password, then I had a fantastic, relaxing vacation. Laptops just get in the way of fun.

Tina,

There is much wisdom in your post!
I could not agree with you more!
:bow:

So far what is interesting is how laptops are either used exclusively for work, or are associated very strongly with work.

And so far the poll is going where I had expected it to (for this audience; the same is running on linkedin and facebook).

Thanks all for your inputs so far. Please participate if not already done so. :)

I'm going cycling in Normandy next week - I was against it originally but I think I might take a netbook along with me - I have a 14 year old to keep amused and it might come in handy for some holiday-related information provision.

I definitely won't be accessing any Excel sites :biggrin:

My only worry will be keeping it dry when the inevitable rain arrives......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xel003

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back