Conditional row copying

elseju

I have to solve a problem, and my knowledge on writing VBA macros is really limited.
I have on big worksheet containing a resume table. Column A contains the document type. The documents types can repeat.
So what I want to do, is: Copy all the rows having the same document type and put them in a new seperate worksheet.
Specifications:
1) All the copied rows have to be on top of the new worksheet
2) If a new row is added in the worksheet with the resume table, the other worksheets have to updated
3) Nice to have: The new worksheets containing all the rows for one type of document is named after the document type
Who can help me out here...?

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
Welcome to the Board!

1) If the goal is to leave the original sheet blank, this can be done without modifying the original sheet. If the original worksheet has to contain all records after they have been copied to one of the other worksheets, then you need to identify a column we can use to mark the row as having been copied to another sheet.

2) Are there headers on the resume table? Do they only take up one row? Are there any merged cells in the header? If there is a header and it has any merged cells, please use Excel Jeanie (see link in sig) to post it here.

3) Should the same headers be on the other worksheets?

4) If there are 50 resumes with a document type of "carrot" do you want the resumes initially copied from the resume table to the "carrot" worksheet to be in the same order as they are on the resume table?

5) On the resume table are new records added at the top or bottom?

6) When a 51st carrot document is added should it be inserted below the header, but above other carrot documents?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back