Colo's Html Maker or Excel Jeanie

Peter,

Sorry that you took offense. None was intended. It's difficult when you develop something and do not get a completely positive response. I've been there too, but please take the criticism as constructive.

I have used the tool for its most basic purpose -- creating a post for the Board. It did everything I wanted, and in fact your tool works better with Vista than the HTMLMaker -- at least in my experience.

If it's accepted I intend to keep using it for posting to the Board; you get nice clean HTML.

Denis

Excel Facts

Select a hidden cell
Somehide hide payroll data in column G? Press F5. Type G1. Enter. Look in formula bar while you arrow down through G.
Denis - not sure what you mean by your last comment, but, to be sure/clear - you can use the tool at the board. It's not our preferred tool, but that's because we have no control over it, whereas, with html maker, we have some access/say to the code.

Hi Tracy,

Thanks -- I like the tool and will use it. Like I said, I have been having some trouble with HTMLMaker and Vista. This tool doesn't have those problems and, because the output is straight HTML, it shouldn't be an issue posting to the Board with it.

Denis

Hi all,
tx for the replies.
I agree that the remark about being german was absolutly silly :-( it came just out of frustration and was absolutly not ok - sorry).

To sourcecode:
This tool not only reads out formulas. It has much more to it, like getting most of conditional formatting, recursive name checking, and more and more. Then it has many features which are not related to messageboards- for creating tables on a homepage with many features.
(Thats the commercial part of it)
If somebody would have had a deeper look at it, it would be clear at once, that the sourcecode of the dll will not be shown. (If, I would not have created a dll, just left the code in the add-in).

@Tracy
Sorry when I offended you, that was not my intention and our contact was really nice. But you told me, that somebody else is responsible for checking the tool and I did not get any response from this third person (only the request for the sourcecode). If he/she does not want to check it, just let me know and it´s ok.

Back to the critics:
My way of thinking is, that this is a good tool, which helps to show problems and answers and it is free for this purpose.
I can take and appreciate criticism - especially about the ui - but it should at least be fair in that, the critic should come after fully testing it and compare the 10 minutes to get accustomed to the ui to the result you will get then.
You can destroy a lot with one sentence .

That I defend the tool so massivley has nothing to do with commercial thinking. In reality many many people use it just for messageboards and do not register. I do not mind about that, because I originally developed it just for messageboards with the idea JeanieBeFair. And the hours I put in will never be paid for by the registrations.
I just think, that this tool really helps people to show a problem or show a solution within seconds (and of course it is my favorite baby :-) ).

So sorry, if I went overboard, but I'm still a bit frustrated, but that is my problem :-).

Peter, you're not going to hear from the third person - I handle most of his board communications, when possible (that's *not* as controlling as it sounds - english isn't his first language and he's not always comfortable posting).

He looked into it as much as he could, and, as I said, he says it can be used, tho it's not the preferred method. but we won't stop anyone form using it.

Another comment re Excel Jeanie:

I have found that HTMLMaker slows the launch time for Excel. Excel Jeanie does not, and the difference is noticeable on my PC (Vista, Office 2007, Core2Duo, 2GB RAM).

Denis

Exceljeanie Peter

I have been using your program in this forum for a while now and am gradually finding my way around it.

I was intrigued by something you wrote in a post in this thread..
In reality many many people use it just for messageboards and do not register.
I do only intend to use it for message boards, but thought that I would investigate registration anyway as:
a) I was just interested to see what full registration would cost, and
b) I thought there may be a special message board registration that would at least stop the little registration reminder popping up every now and then.

What I found was that I could not find any "registration" links that took me to anywhere except here:
http://www.excel-jeanie-html.de/html/reg_en.php

Have I missed the right link or is there no way yet to register for either "message board" version or "full" version?

Hi Peter,

I still have not put in the registration in english.
It will take a while, because I'm thinking about the way to do.
(Perhaps by PayPal)
The german version is registered via paying to my bankacount, but this ist not good for non EU members because of the horrible bankcosts.

The price for the full private license is 29.75 EUR with all features.
(There is no restricted registration)
I hope, I will get a solution the next two or three weeks.

But feel anyway free to use the tool for messageboards - a registration for that use is just a thank you to the programmer. (It's free for using the forum button, only the remainder here and then will appear)

To make it clear for other readers:
Using Excel Jeanie Html on a messageboard with the forumbutton is free!
It is JeanieBeFairWare, that means: if you want to contribute to the work, you can register, but you do not have to. Only if you use the other features a registration is mandatory.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lugen

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back