Bill Gates' Birthday

I've had really good stability with WinXP. But with really complex applications I can still crash Excel. Moreso during development, not so much once I've got it up and running. I've had Excel apologize for needing to shut down and go into recovery mode a dozen times a day sometimes (and no, I never do seem to pinpoint just exactly what it is that I am doing to tick it off; you'd think MS would write back once in a while after all of the "error reporting" I've done). :-?

Excel Facts

Highlight Duplicates
Home, Conditional Formatting, Highlight Cells, Duplicate records, OK to add pink formatting to any duplicates in selected range.
Greg Truby said:
...you'd think MS would write back once in a while after all of the "error reporting" I've done). :-?

Something like this?

Dear Greg,

Please stop breaking our products.

Thanks

B.G.

:-( "funny" thing -- about fifteen minutes ago I managed to crash Excel twice in two minutes -- I'm sure it's coincidence and BG didn't see this and hunt me down! :eek:

This conversation is getting far too serious.

Let's go back to square one and buy Bill Gates a Mac (or is his birthday over now?)!

Mark says "I fear no loss of data" and "Microsoft is great" in the same breath and you take him seriously??? :huh:

Recently, on a trip back to the UK, my sister in law told me she kept getting these blue screens, warning her she had fatal exception at blah blah blah
and a virus had infected her computer. After trying everything I could to find this virus( norton and several types of spyware couldn't find it.) I dawned on me that this screen only appeared when her screensaver started. By deduction I reckoned that if I turned the screensaver off, this would cure the problem. It didn't, but now the bsod only showed at start-up and shut-down. By my own twisted logic, i guessed that something was changing the background, and after checking the wallpapers.... sure enough there was the message. delete wallpaper and problem fixed.

has anyone ever come across this sort of thing before.
Oh and by the way I thought of Bill's birthday present, for someone who has so much money he'll never be able to spend it all, I was going to give him the suggestion to give half of it to me :-D

Very charitable of you, ghost. Always thinking of others (lol).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MattyM

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back