Are your passwords as "secure" as you think?

Now I'm really confused.
Next time I go to the fish and chip shop and they ask me if I want salt and sauce on my fish supper (or salt and vinegar if I'm below the border), what should I say ?

That's a prime example, they're waiting to see whether you say 'yes' or 'aye'. An answer of aye and you get haddock, yes for cod. Of course if your accent's broad enough it'll be a mars bar instead so you have to be careful.

Hope that's cleared it up.

Nick

Excel Facts

Remove leading & trailing spaces
Save as CSV to remove all leading and trailing spaces. It is faster than using TRIM().
And if you add "Crivens", "Jings" or "Hoots" you get a deep fried calzone.

so they have battered mars bars in UK as well. i thought that only australians where stupid enough to buy the super-healthy battered mars bar.

blah - im feeling an attack of diabetes coming on right now.

A chip shop near us had a whole range of battered confectionery: Mars bars, Snickers or Twix and all of them were revolting :???:

Hauling this back a bit (sorry, fried suger sounds.... interesting)
So I made a quick list of username/password combos that I have active, most with differing usernames. I am sure I am missing some.
So far I have:
- 58 PERSONAL combos
- 31 Work combos.
:eeek:
I was surprised. no wonder we write this stuff down.
Username password overload.

I am sure many/most people have way more around here...

Hauling this back a bit (sorry, fried suger sounds.... interesting)
So I made a quick list of username/password combos that I have active, most with differing usernames. I am sure I am missing some.
So far I have:
- 58 PERSONAL combos
- 31 Work combos.
:eeek:
I was surprised. no wonder we write this stuff down.
Username password overload.

I am sure many/most people have way more around here...

Make that 36 for Work

I have to have about 5 passwords at work - all a variation on a theme. Not only do I have to remember which password is which, but I also have to change them all every 30 days. Goddamit!

So what do I do? The same as every body else. Have a word with a number on the end and just increment it by one each month.

Quality security.

Since I started this job just over a year ago, where you have 6 passwords for different systems and some change every week, others every month, others every n login's...I've had to try and figure out a new way to remember the various passwords.

So I have started using the punchlines to my favorite jokes, my favorite number, 2 digits that are part of my telephone number and always make sure the capital is the same number of characters through the word.

So what do I do? The same as every body else. Have a word with a number on the end and just increment it by one each month.

And if you're anything like me (and Expiry, I know you'd like to be :biggrin:), the word itself is "password" which is exactly what I have on one application.

Many years ago I was teaching high school students some computing courses. Some students were always mischievous and regularly asked what the system password was. I repeatedly told them that the password was secret. None of them ever twigged that I was actually telling them the password. :biggrin:

Doubt that would be the case these days. :eeek:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Auroraaa

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back