Am I thinking right?

Generally I think the board members here don't want to spend THAT much time and effort on something that is not only probably quite complex, but also is very difficult to understand what is really required because the poster doesn't really know HOW it's done.

I think the best attribute that this site has is its volume and range of experience of members. There's something for everyone from the smallest formula to the most complex VBA project. No matter what level you are at, there's almost always someone who can help you and another that you yourself can help

Andrew, my friend, with all due respect, I would like to keep you updated that - what all you say above is not entirely true. There are many instances and my own experiences that can prove it though.

Check this out for example:

http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=337257

I agree, there are many occasions where only a few people are always willing to help, nevertheless, everything depends on their tenor.

Everyone knows this: "the truth always hurts" :-D

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
Andrew, my friend, with all due respect, I would like to keep you updated that - what all you say above is not entirely true. There are many instances and my own experiences that can prove it though.

Check this out for example:

http://www.mrexcel.com/forum/showthread.php?t=337257

Did you mean something like the below CSE for Sheet2!C16 ? ;-) :

Code:
=INDEX(Sheet1!$A$1:$P$14,MIN(IF((Sheet1!$A$6:$A$14=$A16)*(Sheet1!$B$6:$B$14=$A$4)*(Sheet1!$C$6:$C$14=$C$1),ROW($6:$14))),MIN(IF((Sheet1!$F$2:$P$2=$F$2)*(Sheet1!$F$3:$P$3=$G$2),COLUMN($F:$P))))

thanks for that, Luke :-D

Unfortunately, it would not serve any purpose for me now. I am through with that problem - in other words - managed to crack down something else but through different means. Hence, I do not need someone to work that out for me anymore.

Besides, an effort could be proven as a resource for others with a similar issue - so I would suggest you to post the resolution in that thread itself and certainly your *this* effort could be a well yielded answer too !

Some of the projects asked about on here I would be willing to get my teeth into, but time constraints generally don't let me at the moment - working on two big projects at work, requests from team members for 'quick fixes', and the occasional request from other departments for help keep me busy at work and a open university course keeps me busy in the evenings.
Saying that - when I do have time to help I'll generally only do it with posts that I can easily understand.
There's plenty of examples of badly worded posts - "I want to right click on a cell and for it to prove the existence of god in pastel shades of logic while humming my favourite tune." - Sorry, need more information! Which religion? What's your favourite tune?

The thing that does get me though is when people send you private messages asking for help. What's wrong with the forum? I've only had this happen twice, once on this site and once on Facebook because I'm a member of the MrExcel group.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NyVmex

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back