Advance Filtering Problem

Abbas999

Board Regular
Hi Guys,

I am trying to clean up an excel spreadsheet. It has 4500+ entries. Important columns are:

Company Name
Contact Name
Email Address

It has mixed email addresses i.e info@ sales@ admin@ marketing@ support@ and Personanme@example.com
I want to clean the whole sheet for these generic email addresses and keep them only with person name email addresses.

I have managed to apply simple filters and removed generic emails "info@ sales@ admin@ marketing@ support@" but there are many other custom email addresses that needs to be moved to another. they are all different but generic so need to move these to another sheet where i already put these generic records. I want to move full row not only a cell "email". Some of the bad records are:

ABCDEFGH
233rd Strike Performance409 County Hwy 448SikestonMO63801Duane GarrettOwner3rdstrike@charter.net
243SX Performance Automotive Inc.4494 Raceway Dr.ConcordNC28027Stephen BurrowsPresidentonlinestuff@3sxperformance.com
254 Wheel Center Inc.7210 Gateway Blvd. EEl PasoTX 79915-1301Carlos EnriquezPresidentwfour@elp.rr.com
264 Wheel Online5911 Benjamin Center Dr.Tampa,FL33634Ryan HeathPresidentmanagment@4wheelonline.com

<colgroup><col style="width: 25pxpx"><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col></colgroup><thead>
</thead><tbody>
</tbody>

In Simple - I want to filter by email address and Contact name matching. I.e
If Contact name is John Smith and Email include his name or starting with Smith or has smith in the email I would like to filter it. At the moment there are about 2900 records in total which i need filter applied. I have already filtered the most generic email addresses.

Good records example:

ABCDEFGH
31474773 AB Inc.5414 Rue EaglemontBeaumontAB /CAT4X 0H2Dave HubertOwnerD.hubert@gmx.com
4180 Degrees Automotive545 W Mariposa St.PhoenixAZ85013Bogi LateinerPresident, Master Mechanic, EducatorBogi@180auto.com
51932 Deuce Coupe LLC1200 Orange Camp Rd.DelandFL32724Robert FortnerPresidenthotrod.robert@hotmail.com
61ShopAuto1100 Merlene Dr.Austin,TX 78732Alan BrownCEOAlan@1ShopAuto.com

<colgroup><col style="width: 25pxpx"><col><col><col><col><col><col><col><col></colgroup><thead>
</thead><tbody>
</tbody>

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
durzoblint87

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back