Adding weekly totals from one cell to an overall total

Chilliflake

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi everybody,

I am creating a League Table for recurring issues in work. It's almost finished, but I don't know how to add the "total weekly figures" from its cell to the destination cell on the main sheet, "overall total", without creating a new weekly column for each week's data.

Is it possible to have a "weekly figures" sheet that is cleared every week, but the figures entered from the "total weekly figures" cell the previous week are not deleted from the destination "overall total" cell, but the new week's figures are instead added to it as a running total, as the people who will be entering weekly figures are not overly Excel-savvy and just want to enter figures into a simple weekly sheet.

Thank you for any help you can offer, have hit a wall as this is way beyond my Excel capabilities.

CF

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
I meant to add to the title that I need the overall total to be ADDED TO when new weekly totals are entered into the same cells as the previous week. Am pretty stuck on this if anyone could assist. Thanks

Upvote 0
Can you post your workbook onto a download site (ex: DropBox.com) so there is something to work with that directly pertains to your goals ?

Post the link for download here.

Upvote 0
Here is the sheet. I need the weekly totals for each error on the left to go into the corresponding week’s total cell on the right for each error and then the cumulative weekly total for each error to be added onto each week.

The weekly totals input sheet on the left has to be wiped every week for the addition of new figures, without subtracting from the sheet on the right, which should be continuing to add instead. Not sure if that explains it clearly?

Upvote 0
Is this what you mean ?

Attachments

• Design.jpeg
    Design.jpeg
    229.7 KB · Views: 12
Upvote 0
I
Is this what you mean ?
Hi, I’ve put in an extra total column there haven’t I? I hadn’t spotted it. It’s the Cumulative Weekly Total column to the right of that one that I need to not change when the daily sheet is filled each week.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sam1121

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back