ACCESS QUERY INTO EXCEL

JonRowland

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi, can anyone help?

I have a query in Access which users need to analyze in Excel. That bit is simple.

When sending the query to Excel only the first 255 characters are taken. Is there any way more that 255 characters can be sent to Excel?

Thanks
Jon

Hullo. Just to chime in on the "passing a parameter" topic: I've got a db (A97) getting a parameter from a specific cell (E97). Now, the code that does this sits in ACCESS, not in Excel. I've found that Access has good legs when it comes to being an automation server. Excel cannot grok Access that well, but Access can dump straight to an Excel sheet just fine.

Yet another option!

HTH (y)

P

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Last used cell?
Press Ctrl+End to move to what Excel thinks is the last used cell.
I did it in a similar way because I found that I could extract the data in VBA and put it in Excel by remote faster that MS query ran anyway. If you can run code in Access to do it, I assume that you can do it from Excel in the same way. I cant check this out untill after the weekend though. Shout if you need more.

Peter

Upvote 0
sorry i'm very late in replying...

can you not set up a routine in Access to output the query as a table using a MakeTable query (and then MSQuery looks at the table)... yes, this is now dependant on you running a routing in access (which in my own case is fine and dandy), so appreciate it might not be a good answer..!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SBulinski1975

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back