XenForo

Thanks for the feedback, Peter. (y)

1. Copy-paste the table directly to the reply box (but without the column letter & the row number).
Just to point out that Copy-paste the table doesn't work for all users, if I try it then it pastes as a PNG. I'm not sure what makes the difference (probably the browser being used).
It's not an issue for me as I use XL2BB.

Examples below of what I get when using Copy-paste.

1576584512394.png

1576584555150.png

There's an Xl2BB button in the reply window now. Think that might get the message across?

I use Edge and I get png pictures with CopyPaste.

1576618059316.png

Just to point out that Copy-paste the table doesn't work for all users, if I try it then it pastes as a PNG.
I use Edge and I get png pictures with CopyPaste.
Thank you for the information, I didn't know that.
I'm using Firefox, I get a table by copy-paste.

There's an Xl2BB button in the reply window now. Think that might get the message across?
Yes, it helps. Thank you.

Thank you for the information, I didn't know that.
I'm using Firefox, I get a table by copy-paste.
As far as I know it is only Edge it is happening with but that is enough for me to not recommend it, besides I much prefer posters to use the XL2BB app (where possible) the board has kindly provided as it gives you more info.

As far as I know it is only Edge it is happening with but that is enough for me to not recommend it, besides I much prefer posters to use the XL2BB app (where possible) the board has kindly provided as it gives you more info.
Well, I think some members (especially new members) are reluctant to install the add-in because they think why bother if they will only use it once or twice. Another reason could be that they are not allowed to install add-ins on their work computers. So copy-paste the table is the next choice.
So for me, I will continue to recommend using xl2bb & also copy-paste table as the second choice.

@starl
And maybe the administrators can solve the problem of copy-paste table turning into images?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nithchun

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back