Wish me luck - and a little help, maybe! ;)

...Pantone is a print Spec...other than in graphics, otherwise the info you seek is buried in a image file....
Both things I failed to mention. :rolleyes:

So you might need to convert the Hex to RGB!
I think you meant to say "convert the hex to decimal". AFAIK, the hex *is* an RGB expression, first two bytes are the Red value, second two are the Green & last two are the Blue.

Excel Facts

Will the fill handle fill 1, 2, 3?
Yes! Type 1 in a cell. Hold down Ctrl while you drag the fill handle.
Hi Bryony, congratulations and good luck with the job. We just know you will excel at it (sorry, couldn't resist!)

Both things I failed to mention. :rolleyes:

I think you meant to say "convert the hex to decimal". AFAIK, the hex *is* an RGB expression, first two bytes are the Red value, second two are the Green & last two are the Blue.

Greg, you are so presise!! :eeek:

I actually did mean "convert hex to RGB"... but not in the math sense. I should have qualified my remark...
Yopu see, in Photoshop the RGB values are expressed as three sets of numbers 0-255. There may be a decimal RGB value, I really don't remember... So to my "logic", I would plug the Hex value in and it would give me the equivilant three RBG values, thus "converting" them!! ;)
I bet there is a online conversion somewhere too. Photoshop would just be able to get the RGB from the image itself.

And I sit corrected, you are absolutly right that the hex is representative of the RGB values in the web world. I did most of my work for print and less for web...

Bryony, my offer still stands.

EDIT:Had to look up AFAIK

VoG: I just learned something new about this forum, you can link to single posts! Shiny.

Last edited:
Thanks to all for offers of help with this. I have managed to track down our style guidlines, so I should be in business! Yay!

Have a lovely Christmas everyone!

xx

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NyVmex

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back