Windows XP

Bad boy!
My husband does his computer shopping in secret too. Not whole computers, but bits for them. He doesn't tell me about them, because he knows I'd give him the third degree about why he needs it! Hence why we're only just upgrading to XP. He has a hard life!

Excel Facts

Copy PDF to Excel
Select data in PDF. Paste to Microsoft Word. Copy from Word and paste to Excel.
Emma, for what it's worth, I have Vista/Office 2007 Ultimate on my home laptop and have no problems whatsoever.

However, as mentioned with upgrading from XP, we did that to my wife's computer and all hell broke loose. She does mostly web work and her core programs like Dreamweaver, Adobe After Effects, etc., weren't working right, so we reinstalled XP.

She does have Vista on her laptop and loves it though and it's good for her with regards to testing on other platforms.

I think her next step will be to run both on a virtual machine.

It is lovely, but I just couldn't spend that sort of money. (And I'm not as weak-willed as Mr Schollar ;) )

Weak-willed? I'll have you know I already have a devious and cunning plan to acquire Apple goodies gratis through luring an Apple fanboy out for a drink next week and nicking his iPhone when he's not looking....

Last edited:
Hah - rumbled! :)

:-D

Just to engage in a bit of Truby-esque thread misdirection: I really like the look of the 2nd gen iPod Touches. So the question is: can I live without web access?

They do look good, and you can get 32GB.

or possibly wait a month or two and maybe get a 64Gb one (assuming one gets released). Then again I could be saying 'ooh I'll just wait a little longer to see what gets released...' every few months.

If only my trains offered WiFi - I wouldn't need to consider an iPhone then...

Sigh.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djjamesp

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back