Why does the Xl2007 help suck so much?

Thanks Peter that was interesting. I may have to look into disabling the "online (non)content".

Greg, I got the same exact result when I opened the help before I posted this thread. It sort of heightened my awareness of how "unhelpful" the help was being and I thought I'd hear what the community thought. I see I'm not alone.

BTW guys (and gals) doesn't xl2007 have somekind of message posting facility, sort of like a dedicated forum? I remember thinking how that was unlikely to very helpful. I will probably need to look at it a little closer. Does anyone know much about this?

Excel Facts

Pivot Table Drill Down
Double-click any number in a pivot table to create a new report showing all detail rows that make up that number
Man, I hate it when I do that!

As for help I think both Excel & VBA help are relatively useless. 2003 would at least return some results. Now 3/4 of the time I get "Nothing found...Was this information helpful?"

Me too, and it's worse in Access. Haven't got a result yet. I dunno what they feed the guys who write MS Help, because it's not just applications. Tried to troubleshoot an Internet issue (my PC couldn't get an IP address from the router) and, you guessed it, the help was online...

Denis

you guessed it, the help was online...

:laugh: Oh the person who thought those up! It's just the same when I used to see the adverts advertising broadband (in the days when it was new) and to enquire, you had to... visit the website! I did think to myself if you're looking for an ISP at the time you weren't likely to already have internet access... :rolleyes:

I have mostly given up trying to use the help in Excel or Access, purely because they're as much help as sticking a bucket on your head and hitting it with a large wooden spoon. I prefer to google my problem :biggrin:

Similar to
2vdr9l5.png

Has anyone else's online help gone to he11 in a handwagon today? True, it's usually rather useless. But today everytime I've been in the Object Browser and hit F1 to look up something or other, my help is actually failing. All day I've been getting:

This page is unavailable

The page you are looking for is unavailable. Try the following:
And then I have to use the offline help (not that I'm fussing, 'cause online help ain't noticably better). I'm just wondering if the guy in charge of online help is off on another drinking binge or sumpin.
I noticed this a couple weeks ago. As far as I can figure, the problem of Non-existent online help is with Office 2007 applications only; earlier versions are unaffected.

If the guy is on a drinking binge for this long, he'll probably never recover from the hangover.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sabat01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back