Who says...

Domski

...the British go to pieces at the first sign of snow.

My boss just came round and told us we we're all to finish what we're doing and go home.

The question now is whether to risk it and head for the nearest boozer or be sensible and go home and make snow men???

Dom

Excel Facts

Ambidextrous Undo
Undo last command with Ctrl+Z or Alt+Backspace. If you use the Undo icon in the QAT, open the drop-down arrow to undo up to 100 steps.
I didn't even make it into work today.... trains and buses were cancelled and I'm not driving from Kent into the City! I think you should go to the pub and congratulate yourself on a fine effort... :)

I didn't even attempt to get to work (a 40 mile drive for me). We had about 6 inches of snow overnight and its still snowing. My daughter couldn't get into central London due to disruption on the tube (and earlier NO London buses were operating).

Ho hum :)

As soon as they announced it the sky cleared and the sun came out. I'd best get off soon before they change their minds.

Everything is fine up here at the moment, 4-5 inches of snow this morning but I don't rush to get to work on a Monday anyway so was in normal time (10:30am).

They do reckon it'll hit later on though.

Dom

I had to drive to Heathrow this morning (6 am). 30MPH along the M3 and M25 so very slow moving. I usually travel to work on my motorbike but I think I might give it a skip tomorrow :rolleyes:

Well I walked through the tundra that was formerly known as Walthamstow to get the tube, and got in on time. No real problmes there. But barely anyone else made it in, and the few who did are going in 10 minutes. I am certainly more worried about getting home than I was about getting in - much harder when every one is trying to get out.

I wanted to stay at home today and make snowmen with my son (it's the first proper snow we've had since he's been old enough to appreciate it) but my husband wouldn't let me. :( Sadly, all the roads to work were well-gritted, so I had no real excuse!

We woke up to a whiteout (and not forecast, unusually). Spent half an hour cleaning the sidewalk (compulsory here in front of your own house, otherwise any accidents due to your non cleaning are deemed your responsibility), crawled into work half an hour late to find half the staff missing. Three hours later, temperature is up, sun is shining, snow is practically gone or turned to slush. Shouldn't have bothered cleaning the sidewalk.

And no going home early either, everything appears to be running normally :(

(I'm in Luxembourg, btw)

Just another winter in the former North West Territory (AKA Indiana), we were pounded by 6 inches of snow that decided not to melt and then just blew around drifting as it liked, and mostly onto my lane.

I had my landscaper plow me out twice in one day, and once more the next day. So, I bought a snow blower, 2 stage, this weekend and spent lots of time getting to know it better. We have a 400 ft lane and 1/2 acre pond to clear. I can tell you I am sore this morning. I didn't even bother to go ice skating.

Last edited:
I like how Domski started this thread with
Who says... ...the British go to pieces at the first sign of snow.
and there were follow up posts of:
"I didn't even make it into work today..."
"I didn't even attempt to get to work..."
"...barely anyone else made it in..."
"...crawled into work half an hour late to find half the staff missing..."

I don't think this is an unfounded rumor, Domski ;-)

If NateO took off every time it snowed in Minnesota, he'd have about 8 months of vaca each year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NyVmex

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back