When will the Excel Questions Forum hit 1,000,000 posts?

Just thought I'd drag this back to the top for a minute...

At the time I'm posting this we have <ul>[*]911,705 posts in the general questions forum[*]At the bottom of the main page it says "Our users have posted a total of 980158 articles".[*]However... the little "p" counter that's embedded is rapidly approaching 1,000,000. I got an e-mail yesterday and it was at 997,186 so this counter has got to be getting close by now...[*]<sup>edit</sup> Looks like for this post p=997,344. <sub>/edit</sub>[/list]

Excel Facts

How to total the visible cells?
From the first blank cell below a filtered data set, press Alt+=. Instead of SUM, you will get SUBTOTAL(9,)
the little "p" counter???

Nifty, Kristy, I didn't know about the "mouse-over" + IE status bar thing. I was just looking at the links in the e-mail notifications or in the address bar of IE after any given post.

hmm - don't know if we should go w/that count - so many spam postings... that throws off the link count
mof, maybe we should delete the guest spams.. that would help the count.

Nifty, Kristy, I didn't know about the "mouse-over" + IE status bar thing. I was just looking at the links in the e-mail notifications or in the address bar of IE after any given post.
Yep! They're actually links to the specific posts in the threads. Little HTML shortcuts. I've used them in the HTML FAQ as well. It's a name property you can use to jump around the page.

hmm - don't know if we should go w/that count - so many spam postings... that throws off the link count
mof, maybe we should delete the guest spams.. that would help the count.
I highly doubt deleting the spam from our "holding" area will change the "p" number count. I mean, you delete a thread and attempt to go back to it later and it tells you it doesn't exist. So the numbers are not re-used. Once they're assigned, they're assigned. If they were re-calculated every time a post was deleted from the board it would be one heck of a work load for the software--not to mention the server, I would imagine.

However, this thread was originally about the number of posts Excel Questions forum--for that the "p numbers" wouldn't mean a thing.

that's sort of my point
we shouldn't use the p count as our actual count.

we need a count w/o the holding cell.. or are we only doing posts in the Excel Questions forum...?

I didn't realize this was going to be this complicated :o

Blame Greg :nya:

I knew what post count you were referring to, at any rate. I was just answering questions that came up :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NyVmex

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back