Weather

"Football with weapons"--that's good!

<P.S. I like your avatar - "Old Man in the Mountain" right? Too bad it's gone now... >

Yes, the Old man in the Mountain. I was so happy to find a pic while it was still possible.
Here I am, over 50 yrs old when it came down and I can say I shed a tear or two.
(I was born in NH)

Dan

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.
In Texas it's a very true statement. I went from East Coast Lacrosse, which like hockey is finesse with hard hits. In Texas (where I went to college) there were a lot of East Coast transplants, then football players who couldn't make the cut, but still wanted to be violent. It brought a whole new dimension to the game.

That's how I broke my back the first time - I was speared by a guy who lead with his helmet, a signature football hit, but very unusual for East Coast Lacrosse.

As for the Old Man, I was bummed too - I grew up on the East Coast and there and the Gunks are where I learned to climb.

In Texas it's a very true statement. I went from East Coast Lacrosse, which like hockey is finesse with hard hits. In Texas (where I went to college) there were a lot of East Coast transplants, then football players who couldn't make the cut, but still wanted to be violent. It brought a whole new dimension to the game.

That's how I broke my back the first time - I was speared by a guy who lead with his helmet, a signature football hit, but very unusual for East Coast Lacrosse.

As for the Old Man, I was bummed too - I grew up on the East Coast and there and the Gunks are where I learned to climb.

Good God!! Broke your back playing lacrosse! owie!

Somehow, growing up in New England, I managed to never play the game.

I did play full-contact badminton with my friends, though! (where are those smilies nowadays? I can't find them.)

Where/what are the "Gunks?

Dan

p.s. sorry for the delay responding, I was at work and, I think, message boarding outside of actually getting a work-related question answered is frowned upon. Quitting time came and I am now at home.

No worries - I work at home, so if my boss gets mad at me I can tell him to go you know what (although I do tend to frown upon myself when my only employee talks back. :))

The Gunks = Shawangunks in upstate NY.

As for the emoticons, you either have to know the keyboard shortcuts - ; ) for wink, : ) for smile, etc., or hit the "Go Advanced" button.

I could never be my own boss: too much of a softie. Nothing would get done.:laugh: It would cut my commute substantially, though!

(I changed my settings for the full-on editor so now the smilies are right
there ---------------------------------------------------------------->

Shawangunks! I do love the place names from that part of the country.

Dan

It would cut my commute substantially, though!

That's been the worst part of it! I live on Bear Creek Road in Boulder Creek and I miss the hell out of the daily race down to the valley. My Triumph Daytona 955i sits idle most days...:(

I've thought about giving up self-employment for only that reason, although with this year's weather it's been too wet to ride much - but that looks to be over now!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cami_dev

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back