Wear it pink

C'mon! You're on the verge of electing your first black president - and when he was born, you still had segregation laws!

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
We should question how favouring one gender for such opportunies can be a good thing, both in terms of health care, and the publicity.

No-one here has suggested that we should exclusively focus our efforts on raising funds to combat breast cancer. I happen to enjoy getting involved in fund raising events for a whole heap of charities (when the opportunity presents itself). Wear It Pink is but only one or my favoured events - and regardless of what has been said in an particular earlier post BREAST CANCER AWARENESS IS STILL A DESERVING CHARITY!!!

The victims of breast cancer are not only women - considering those they leave behind are often husbands, children etc...

That anybody would criticise raising funds for such a deserving charity is just mind boggling! Honestly!!

(I also don't think there would be an outcry if there was a men-only Race for Life equivalent for prostate cancer.)
And there is an annual race for life for men (unsure what condition it focusses on tho). And a great many women participated in the event - happily!!

Nuff said! :banghead:

Last edited:
That anybody would criticise raising funds for such a deserving charity is just mind boggling! Honestly!!

I can't speak for anyone else, but I'm certainly not criticising your charitable efforts. I just think it's unfortunate that the charities that can organise big awareness and fundraising days get a disproportionately large slice of the pie. My company has the NSPCC as its partner charity this year. My department is on track to raise £10k for them. Now the NSPCC do fantastic work, but £10k is a drop in the ocean for them, whereas for a small local charity, it could be transforming.

But I'm certainly not having a go at you Jon. And not just because the pink bra really suits you!

I wasn't referring to any comments made by you Emma :)

I was feeling somewhat grumpy last night - what with my little girl kicking off depriving me of sleep for the 3rd consecutive night! I think I may have over-reacted a little! Sorry!

Nearly 2 months. She was really good in the beginning! I think she's going thru a growth spurt! Can you relate then?

My son is 3, so most nights no. But if he's ill in the night, I'm in no fit state the next day!

My son is 3, so most nights no. But if he's ill in the night, I'm in no fit state the next day!

There is a cure for babies being ill in the night. It's called "Daddy it's your turn", usually more effective if accompanied by a jab in the back.

Oh, those were the days.....

It's not quite so effective when you need one of you to look after the sick child, and the other to clean the vomit out the carpet. Again. ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sabat01

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back