Wasting

Status
Not open for further replies.
crossles,

It's always sensitive to talk about poeples behaviour. We cannot change each other, but we can try to understand each other. We can share our opinions. The way we share opinions is most important to my sense. I feel almost personnaly attacked by your first post in this thread. That's what I honestly feel.

Is this what you were talking about?
http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/viewtopic.php?t=14341&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=16

You were lucky to get Jon Peltier - a real graphics expert - online. If he tells you that he can not help with the information you provided, you can only accept that, since you are the one who needs help. Do you really think that someone would write "it is not clear to me" while it would be??

kind regards,
Erik

Excel Facts

Get help while writing formula
Click the italics "fx" icon to the left of the formula bar to open the Functions Arguments dialog. Help is displayed for each argument.
Come on everbody. Let's make it right! Crossles has maybe made one ill-worded response to Jon Peltier, then mistakenly started this thread to vent and had at least one ****ty response to a genuine question.

(S)he has obviously had a tough week trying to get some problems solved and may not be particuarly used to describing their problems in a sufficient manner such that people can help. Of course, looking at some of the posts for help, the requests could require quite lengthy responses that will require patience on both the part of Crossles and the person providing the solution. Let's all just join hands and make it right. Let's try and help Crossles.

http://www.ozgrid.com/forum/

The fact that Jon Peltier, who is THE authority on Excel charts, had trouble understanding the OPs request probably means that the OP is out of luck. If Jon couldn't make heads or tails out of it, I doubt anyone else could.

Crossles, you were pretty lucky to have Mr. Peltier respond to your post and you probably burned the only bridge that could definitively have helped. I would suggest apologizing for being a wee-bit crass in your responses so that everyone can get back to solving your Excel issue.

If you don't receive the help you need, perhaps you can help yourself by visiting Jon Peltier's Excel Charting website:-
http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/index.html

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: oh stop, stop... wipes tear from eye to see screen...

Lemme get this straight... dude posts an Excel chart question in a forum and actually has one of the top five Excel chart guys on the entire planet actually stop by his thread and offer to help and the dude "dis's" him?! WOW!!! That's funny! :rofl: :rofl:

If you posted a question on a political discussions forum and George Will or Fareed Zakaria stopped by your thread and asked for clarification of your question would you react the same way? 'cause, lad, Jon P. is to Excel Charts what them boys are to politics & history. Very, very, very well informed.

And then, then, he sulks into the lounge to bemoan the fact that the rest of the board - all stunned silent by *anyone* dissin' Peltier - is not jumpin' at the chance to help him. :rofl: :rofl:

For an encore, wanna post a SUMPRODUCT() question; get a response from Aladin, and then tell him to get stuffed? :lol:

The reason you've had so little luck is simply because your original post was so opaque. E.g.

"Column 1
=IF(Anareg=DeskAddC,TEXT(Anais,"General"),NA())
Colunm 2
=IF(AnaFCRV="",NA(),IF(Anareg=DeskAddC,VALUE(AnaFCRV),NA()))"

What's Anareg? What's DeskAddC? What's in Anais and why should the cell display it if Anareg = DeskAddC? What's AnaFCRV? What is its relationship with Anareg & DeskAddC? What's the point of this graph in the first place? Why are some cells blank "depending on user specification"?

Requests for you to provide more information weren't intended to be obtuse, they were simply because your post required more information to be answered effectively. This could have been dummy data; XYZ, ABC. Person1 to personN. Anything that would have further defined the scope of the problem and made clear what your eventual aim was.

The reason you got no replies to your original post was because I assume everyone who looked at it couldn't begin to supply an answer, until Jon Peltier stepped up, and he failed because, although good with Excel charts, he ain't (as far as I know) psychic.

I don't think some of the things you have said in you post are acceptable. I know when I post anything in this forum I hope that someone will take the time to read my problem and spend their time trying to solve the problem using their knowledge.

I never post a problem thinking it must be solved I can only hope it will be because eveyone has to have hope.

I'm not an excel expert but when I get a chance I try to solve other problems that they have taken their time to share as it isn't fair that I can expect someone to help me if I havn't tried to help someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lugen

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back