Wasting

Status
Not open for further replies.

crossles

ok, im wasting my time on this board. over the corse of a week it hasnt helped. Ive experienced bad attitude and yet although 1 or 2 people have made the effort to try and help, for a board with as many members as this one focusing on Excel assistance, theres barely anyone willing to try and help.

Im not an MCP but i notice theres a few on this board. shame they cant share what they know though. Why are they here?

Excel Facts

Best way to learn Power Query?
Read M is for (Data) Monkey book by Ken Puls and Miguel Escobar. It is the complete guide to Power Query.
ok, im wasting my time on this board. over the corse of a week it hasnt helped. Ive experienced bad attitude and yet although 1 or 2 people have made the effort to try and help, for a board with as many members as this one focusing on Excel assistance, theres barely anyone willing to try and help.

Im not an MCP but i notice theres a few on this board. shame they cant share what they know though. Why are they here?

There was at least one "MCP" that tried to help you... Are you sure you considered the help in a cooperative manner?

Well, just for being sure, I checked your complete posthistory... and to be honest: the only 'attitude' I read, came from you! You barely provide enough information in your questions, when it is not answered soon enough you already complain, when additional info is requested by other users, you complain...
If anyone is wasting time, it would be this board on you... :x

I'm 100% sure there are many people here, all volunteers, who gladly put their own time in helping others, but I guess it's never enough for some...
Are you somehow entitled to be helped here? If you receive no answers, there's probably a good reason for that, and that is not because 'the mcp's on the board can't share' !!
I suggest you try to reformulate your questions, try to provide some sample data to clarify the problem(s) and you'd have more chance of getting an answer... the board offers no guaranteed answers though...

I dont feel im entitled for help, but thats what this board is set up for. I put a bit of faith in my time that maybe something good may come of it. Thats why im here.

As for my bad attitude its responsive. The reason i dont provide data is because the data itself is completely irrelivent to the query. the instance you are referring to, the data was usernames for my company domain. You want an example? "1x-9GH" and erm..... what has that got to do with the question in hand? Nothing.

Point is, i blanked out the data for corporate purposes. If you realy want it to look nice, then fill it in yourself, and whilst your at it, print it off and give it to the kids with some crayola, maybe they'll make it pretty for you.

On the other hand i dont give a hoot if its pretty or not, as long as it performs. The username itself isn't required in order to achieve the effects I am after.

I quote (and agree) from Jon Peltier's answer you are referring to:
You've blanked out so much that I have no idea what the plot is supposed to be showing.
It was impossible to see any correlation between the graph and the data and you expected someone to give an answer??
For reference, I'm talking about http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/viewtopic.php?t=14341&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=10
bottom of the page...
I'm pretty sure noone can make any sense from that screenshot, only you, because you know what's behind it...

erm..... well if u look 2 posts above the one u just made, ull see an example of the data I used. Username: "1x-9GH"

you see i think i just pin pointed the problem with this forum. nobody bothers to read the posts between the first and last, meaning ur own conclusions are drawn that it doesnt make sence, but if u actualy read through it, you'd know differently.

What amazes me, is ive had more replies to this non-excel problem related post than i have to any of the problems i've been having.

What can i say to that? im simply stunned.

We have a lot of regulars here who spend a significant amount of time helping people. If you criticise the way this help is given you have to expect others to defend it.

The vast majority of people who come here ask for help and get the response they’re after quickly and accurately then go away happy. They usually come back again and again and become part of the community. Every so often someone has other ideas about the way help is given and would rather go somewhere else for help. That’s fine as well. No-one will hold a grudge if you decide not to return, that’s your own choice. Of course we’d be more than happy if you decided to stay, would no doubt welcome any suggestions on how you think the board could be improved as well; so long as they were put in a diplomatic and non-aggressive manner rather than open criticism with no possible solution.

It may be worth bearing in mind that a lot of people on this site are also members, moderators or admins at most (if not all) of the other best excel/office related sites out there and you’ll likely get the same response anywhere else if you posted in the manner you have so far. The excel community isn’t huge and the people who have tried to help you here are some of the best in the world at what they do. I’m not saying you need to kneel at their feet – just maybe show a little more respect to people who are highly talented and willing to help you for free.

You may want to have a read through this thread:
http://www.mrexcel.com/board2/viewtopic.php?t=272087
Hopefully it will give you some idea of the reason why posts don’t get answered. I have not read through your post history, but it could just be down to bad timing.

I must say that I have found this board to be more than helpful on many occasions and the community is very friendly by nature. I’m always sad to hear of people who have had a bad experience. Again (having not read your posts yet) I think the key to getting a good answer is by asking a well thought out, constructed question. Also you may find that whilst you believe certain things to be irrelevant to a question, it may well be beneficial information to someone trying to help because it will help them to understand what you are actually trying to achieve.

The point is this is a voluntary source for information. You voluntarily join and you can voluntarily leave. Those offering help are doing so voluntarily. If someone needs more information in order to help you, you may give them the info or you may not. The help you get is limited by your refusal. If you really want help, you would give information.

My question is, why didn't you just make something up. You're right, we don't need to know who works in your department, so put in fake names. Don't argue with someone who wants to help you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Disceyes

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back