Vlookup and Hlookup combined?

bluto

I have a workbook with 2 worksheets. The main sheet is for data entry, and the second has parts listed.

The data entry sheet looks like this:

Item: WidgetA Qty: 2 ("WidgetA" is in cel A5 and "2" is in cel B5)
Parts Req: Qty Req: (these cels [A8-A28 for part names and B8-B28 for quantities] should be populated based on cels A5 and B5 above)

The parts sheet looks like this (I used dashes for formatting purposes):

Part---WidgetA---WidgetB
abc-------1----------2 (these are the number of this particular part needed for each widget)
bcd------------------1 (these are the number of this particular part needed for each widget)
cde-------1----------- (these are the number of this particular part needed for each widget)
def-------2----------- (these are the number of this particular part needed for each widget)
efg-------2----------1 (these are the number of this particular part needed for each widget)

What I would like to accomplish is to have only the parts for a particular Widget from the parts sheet automatically listed on the data entry sheet, and the quantities reflect the number of parts per widget times the number of widgets. No widget uses more than 20 individual parts, but the parts list will contain 100 parts to cover all types of widgets. (Sorry I don't know how to copy and paste the actual spreadsheets to this message to make it easier to look at!)

Thanks!

Also, If this requires a macro, how would I put a "Submit" button or link on the work order page to run the macro (since I will protect the page from unwanted editting)?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Formula for Yesterday
Name Manager, New Name. Yesterday =TODAY()-1. OK. Then, use =YESTERDAY in any cell. Tomorrow could be =TODAY()+1.
If anyone else wants to take a stab at this, just skip everything up to the January update... the rest is confusing!

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hamdan17

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back