VBA to create Range Name and convert formulas to values?

EssKayKay

Office Version
  1. 2007
Platform
  1. Windows
Hello,
I have a couple questions on range names etc.

1. Create a range name –
I’m trying to create a range name based on the status of a cell in the range; however the range limits change. That is, if the Range(“T33:T40) contains a date, then create the range name (say TEST) for Range(R33:T40). The beginning cell in the range will always be row 33 – however, the last row in the range will change. All consecutive cells in column “T” will be populate (no blanks).

2. Convert formulas to values –
If a cell in column “T” > 0 (contains a date) then convert the corresponding formula in that row in column S to a value. That is, if Range(“T33:T40”) >0 then convert Range(S33:S40”) to values. Again however, the range changes. It will always start with T33 but the end limit will change.

I realize I may be coming a bit of a pest here with my constant questions but I am learning, so please bear with me.

Thanks for viewing,
Steve K.

Thank you Alex. Adding the Application.EnableEvents = False did help but I am still having the “hang” issue appearing on another sub. I will include the EnableEvents line but I still think/hope my problem would be easier (not necessarily better) resolved for me if there was a way to run the formulas to values conversion routine via a separate sub and not part of Sub Worksheet_Change.

So again without being too demanding here, is there some way for a subroutine that can be triggered by a command button that converts formulas to values based on the status of a second cell. That is, if a cell in Range(“T33:T133) > 0 (date) then convert the formula in the adjacent cell (column S) to a value.

As example - if T33 is populated, then convert the formula in S33 to a value. This same condition applies to all the remaining rows in the range (i.e., if T34 >0 convert S34 to value, if T35>0 convert S35 to value, and so on up to T133). All entries in the range will be consecutive (i.e., there will be no empty/blank cells between entries). There will be empty cells after the last entry. As time progresses more cells in column T will be populated (up to a max of T133) and thus require the formula/value conversion.

Steve K.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Do you hate GETPIVOTDATA?
Prevent GETPIVOTDATA. Select inside a PivotTable. In the Analyze tab of the ribbon, open the dropown next to Options and turn it off
OKAY - I've got this all running and I thank you all for your patience with me. With the help of 6StringJazzer here is my code to convert formulas to values:
VBA Code:
Dim Row As Long
'           Look for non-blank cells in column T starting at row 33
   Row = 33
   Do Until Cells(Row, "T").Value = "" 
'           If the corresponding cell in columns S is a formula, convert to a value
      If Left(Cells(Row, "S").Formula, 1) = "=" Then
         Cells(Row, "S").Value = Cells(Row, "S").Value
      End If
      Row = Row + 1
   Loop

Thank you Jeff.

I still have a minor question on combining Count() into a Range(). I think I'm going to create a new thread for this if that's OK.
Steve K.

Upvote 0
I think you would get a better response if you do go ahead and start a new thread, because it will have focus on that particular point. Just my opinion, not direction.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesymcox

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back