VBA replace Access table everyday automatically

rplohocky

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
I'm not sure if I should be asking this question in this forum or Excel but here goes. I am sent a report of system errors everyday by an excel spreadsheet. We have to clear each error form this report which can be in the thousands. In order to filter and organize these errors, I built a database where I upload this spreadsheet into everyday with new errors. I would love to have a better method to send this daily spreadsheet up into the access database by using VBA.

I have found a couple other posts that appear to do what I'm looking for but they are really old and using old versions of Access. I am using Office 2016, the most current thread I can find shows 2013 Access.

I would really appreciate any ideas or suggestions? I am fairly good at excel VBA and ok at Access VBA. I usually figure out what is happening in VBA but I need something to start from.

If the first option works and the second doesn't then I'd use the first option. If neither works then post more details. I don't actually understand why you would have a hard coded range - that implies your data is always exactly in range(A1:Q1000) which seems unusual to me - why would you have exactly 1000 rows of errors each day?

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Shade all formula cells
To shade all formula cells: Home, Find & Select, Formulas to select all formulas. Then apply a light fill color.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaskin

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back