VBA - Click Javascript-based Anchor?

t3chie

Windows OS - Win7
Excel Ver. - 2007
IE Ver. - 8

I'm attempting to setup an excel based automation of pulling a report, however to access the report. I need to navigate a javascript based link, it has no ID or name so my usual code doesn't work.

Code:
<'a href='javascript:parent.AdminJS.resetDoCmd();parent.AdminJS.setContentsUrl("javascript%3Aparent.AdminJS.setContentsUrl%28%27/webview/FavoritesFrame.jsp%27%29%3B");'><'script>document.write(properUnescape("Favorites"));<'/script>Favorites<'/span><'/a>

I can't figure out a way to execute this script or click the link itself, it has to be a click or javascript execution because it manipulates the HTML on the page and cannot be navigated to directly.

Last edited:
t3chie, have you figured out a solution? I'm in the same boat I can't post the source code because it is internal. The website from what I can tell is just a series of javascript functions. The URL to the page does not change after login.

Any advice would be great.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

What did Pito Salas invent?
Pito Salas, working for Lotus, popularized what would become to be pivot tables. It was released as Lotus Improv in 1989.
t3chie, have you figured out a solution? I'm in the same boat I can't post the source code because it is internal. The website from what I can tell is just a series of javascript functions. The URL to the page does not change after login.

Any advice would be great.

Hi,

Unfortunately, I never did figure this out. Luckily, we ended up upgrading our system, which moved away from the old deplorable web interface I was attempting to navigate in VBA. Best of luck to you rwhitmore90.

Upvote 0
Hi,

Unfortunately, I never did figure this out. Luckily, we ended up upgrading our system, which moved away from the old deplorable web interface I was attempting to navigate in VBA. Best of luck to you rwhitmore90.

I know it seems like I'm giving up soon but after spending 4 hours looking through it today the amount of time this project would take is not worth the cost. Hopefully I will get lucky and they will upgrade the system.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesymcox

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back