VBA Cells to move down

Jyters

Office Version
  1. 365
Platform
  1. Windows
Hi there,

I am building an interactive dashboard for our Asphalt Department and when they do their program or planning one of the queries is that when they have planned work on a specific date, and, it gets rained off. They have the option to select rained off. but they want the planned dates below that to automatically shift down a day. Ultimately pushing the program out when ever there is a rained off day.

In the attached example. When Rain off in Column H is selected all cells below except Column B will move down by the number of days in Column D in the row of Rain Off.

Thanks,

Attachments

• Northern Program.PNG
    Northern Program.PNG
    31.1 KB · Views: 27
I have re-created the sheet above and copied the VBA. Saved it as Macros-Enabled and still nothing happens :) not sure if I might be doing something wrong 🙈

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Convert text numbers to real numbers
Select a column containing text numbers. Press Alt+D E F to quickly convert text to numbers. Faster than "Convert to Number"
jyters ok now we will try a little trouble shooting. In the program this line "If Cells(i, 8) = "Rain Off" Then" needs to trigger to get the program to work. Let's step thru the program using f8. Select a line in the program and press f8 and you will step thru the program. As you step thru the program, see if the lines right under the If statement get used. Make sure in Column H the words Rain Off is there. If Rain Off is there, and still not working, copy and paste Rain Off from that line in the program above, and paste into Column H. Let's give that a try and report what happens.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cesymcox

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back