VBA / Access work for a bank?

So is most of the work you do in a bank analysing the savings/loan book or is it reporting commercial expenditure much like any other industry (i.e. payroll, advertising, marketing, overheads etc)
Mostly I analyze savings and loan data, but occasionally I'm called upon to prepare reports much like any other business. Analyze payroll costs, branch profitability, etc.

I don't know of any books out there other than textbooks. While in college, I took some business and finance courses and they've helped me, but most of my banking knowledge comes from asking lots of questions of the end-users and listening very intently.

Excel Facts

What is the last column in Excel?
Excel columns run from A to Z, AA to AZ, AAA to XFD. The last column is XFD.
Tina, you'd love how easy it is to use Access to manage AS/400 data. I used to download millions of records a week into Access, then further query the data into Excel. And now that you have PowerPivot, you could link directly to the AS/400 from Excel.
I know enough about Access to salivate over the possibilities, but it really isn't practical since only three others have it in the bank. I'm in the IT department, so I don't analyze the data so much as put it in a meaningful format for others.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lordy888

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back