Using Selection with isempty

largeselection

I'm having some trouble getting a private sub to initiate and I'm sure it's because I don't have a target specified.

The first part of code puts a checkmark into a cell if it is clicked and that initiates another code called "BUILDER":
Code:
Private sub worksheet_selectionchange(ByVal target As Range)
If IsEmpty(target) Then
        target.Formula = "=CHAR(252)"
        target.Value = target.Value
        With target.Font
            .Name = "Wingdings"
            .FontStyle = "Bold"
            .Size = 8
        End With

If Not IsEmpty(target) Then
        Select Case target.Address
Case "$A$3"
Builder "B"

Then there are a lot of "cases". I have another sub which is assigned to a button which basically puts a checkmark in the cells of a selected range if they are visible and the issue is that even though the checkmarks appear, I can't get them to register as a "case" and thus launch the "BUILDER" code. After some reseach I'm sure it is because there is no target specified in my "selectvisible" code. So I can't Call/run/ etc the worksheet_selectionchange code since it doesn't know which targets. So how can I either specify my selection should equal targets? Or can I use something like if not isempty(selection) then select case selection.address?

Here is the code for the selectvisible:
Code:
Sub SelectVisible()
Range("A3:A4083").Select
selection.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Select
    selection.Formula = "=CHAR(252)"
    selection.Value = selection.Value
    With selection.Font
        .Name = "Wingdings"
        .FontStyle = "Bold"
        .Size = 8
    End With

PS- All Code is located in the Sheet1 Code.

All these routines assume on the Select sheet you have a hidden empty column A and that your check marks are in column B. No change to the DATA or REPORT sheets.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
This is the routine to add check marks. Clicking on a cell will toggle checkmark/no-checkmark.
<o:p></o:p>
If you do not want to copy columns then comment out the BuildA and the BuildB statements.
If you have added a column on the Select sheet to enter the DATA Letter and want to copy columns as items are checked then un-comment the BuildA statement. This will add columns sequentially in the REPORT.
If you have added columns on the Select sheet to enter the DATA Letter and the REPORT column and want to copy columns as items are check then un-comment the BuildB statement. This will add designated columns in the REPORT.
Column A must be empty (may be hidden if desired)
Column B - Check Marks
Column C - DATA Column Letter
Column D – REPORT column number (If added)
Code:
Option Explicit<o:p></o:p>
Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range)<o:p></o:p>
    Dim Header As Range<o:p></o:p>
    Dim CheckMark As String<o:p></o:p>
    If Target.Count > 1 Or _<o:p></o:p>
       Intersect(Target, Range("B2:B65536")) Is Nothing Then Exit Sub<o:p></o:p>
    CheckMark = Chr(252)<o:p></o:p>
    'Toggle check mark on/off<o:p></o:p>
    If IsEmpty(Target) Then<o:p></o:p>
        Target.Value = Chr(252)<o:p></o:p>
        With Target.Font<o:p></o:p>
            .Name = "Wingdings"<o:p></o:p>
            .FontStyle = "Bold"<o:p></o:p>
            .Size = 8<o:p></o:p>
        End With<o:p></o:p>
    Else<o:p></o:p>
        Target = ""<o:p></o:p>
        GoTo WrapUp<o:p></o:p>
    End If<o:p></o:p>
    'Chooose which line is approprate for how DATA is set up<o:p></o:p>
    'BuilderA Target.Offset(0, 1)  'for DATA Column Letter<o:p></o:p>
    'BuilderB Target.Offset(0, 1), Target.Offset(0, 2) 'For DATA column leeter & REPORT column output<o:p></o:p>
    '<o:p></o:p>
WrapUp:<o:p></o:p>
    Cells(Target.Row, 1).Select  'Select a cell so you can reclick the same cell to toggle it on/off<o:p></o:p>
End Sub
Code:
Sub BuilderA(MyHeader As String) 'Copy to next right column<o:p></o:p>
    Dim MyColumn As Integer<o:p></o:p>
    With Worksheets("DATA")<o:p></o:p>
        MyColumn = .Rows(1).Find(What:=MyHeader, After:=.Cells(1, 1), LookIn:=xlValues, LookAt:=xlWhole).Column<o:p></o:p>
        MsgBox Worksheets("REPORT").Range("A1").End(xlToRight).Address<o:p></o:p>
        .Columns(MyColumn).Copy Worksheets("REPORT").Range("A1:IV1").End(xlToLeft).Offset(0, 1)<o:p></o:p>
End Sub
Code:
Sub BuilderB(DataHeader As String, ReportColumn As Integer) 'Copy to designated column<o:p></o:p>
    Dim DataColumn As Integer<o:p></o:p>
    MsgBox DataHeader<o:p></o:p>
        DataColumn = .Rows(1).Find(What:=DataHeader, After:=.Cells(1, 1), LookIn:=xlValues, LookAt:=xlWhole).Column<o:p></o:p>
        .Columns(DataColumn).Copy Worksheets("REPORT").Columns(ReportColumn)<o:p></o:p>
End Sub
If you want to build the REPORT all at one time then run this code.
Must have columns for DATA Letter and for REPORT column.
Code:
Sub BuildReprot()<o:p></o:p>
    Dim c As Range<o:p></o:p>
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False<o:p></o:p>
    Application.EnableEvents = False<o:p></o:p>
    Dim CheckMark As String<o:p></o:p>
    Dim DataColumn As Integer<o:p></o:p>
    CheckMark = Chr(252)<o:p></o:p>
    For Each c In Range("B2", Range("B65536").End(xlUp))<o:p></o:p>
        If c = CheckMark Then<o:p></o:p>
            DataColumn = 0<o:p></o:p>
                If Len(c.Offset(0, 1)) = 0 Or Len(c.Offset(0, 2)) = 0 Then<o:p></o:p>
                    MsgBox "Error at row " & c.Row<o:p></o:p>
                    Exit Sub<o:p></o:p>
                On Error Resume Next<o:p></o:p>
                DataColumn = .Rows(1).Find(c.Offset(0, 1), After:=.Cells(1, 1), LookIn:=xlValues, LookAt:=xlWhole).Column<o:p></o:p>
                If DataColumn = 0 Then<o:p></o:p>
                    MsgBox "Row: " & c.Row & " Cannot find " & c.Offset(0, 1) & " in DATA sheet."<o:p></o:p>
                    Exit Sub<o:p></o:p>
                Else<o:p></o:p>
                    .Columns(DataColumn).Copy Worksheets("REPORT").Columns(c.Offset(0, 2))<o:p></o:p>
    Next c<o:p></o:p>
    Application.EnableEvents = True<o:p></o:p>
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True<o:p></o:p>
End Sub

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Format cells as currency
Select range and press Ctrl+Shift+4 to format cells as currency. (Shift 4 is the $ sign).
VERY interesting! Thanks for your help and attentiveness!

Ideally, I'd want to use the code after the builderB code and have the report build when I click a button. I'm going to try to figure out how to fandangle that bit that you sent that will show you the order of the columns as you select them before generating the report since I think that would be super useful.

I think the code to generate the report after selecting by choosing a button would be best because with the other method of selecting a column, once it's on the report I can't delete it.

I'm thinking that somehow when you click in the column it will put the label values into that chart into the next available opening. Then the column position for that non buildera/b routine would be referenced based on where in that chart the labeled selected column ends up. I'll have to tinker when I get to the office tomorrow if you have any insight on what hurdles I may face or if this sounds totally crazy please let me know!

Thanks again for all your help! This has been the most fun project I've worked on so far.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Thanks for all your help Bill!

This is going pretty well and is MUCH simpler code than the pages and pages that I had before. So I'm trying to add that functionality that you keyed me into where the column order appears in a list so that I can see the order as I add them before having to run the whole report.

I was thinking I could accomplish this in a few different ways so I wanted to run them by you.

1) I could try and modify the builderA code so that instead of adding a column to the report on click, it copies/pastes the three labels into a spot on the Select sheet. Only issue I have with this is I don't know how I can have it delete the three labels if they are unselected.

2) I could add a count to the "REPORT column numbers" column (Column D). This would facilitate adding the column numbers to that column in order for the non-builderA/B code and I could put a formula on the sheet that's basically a lookup based on count. The issue is that I can't figure out how to put in a count that is locked in its numerical position. IE- If I put a regular count in, then when I click on 1, I'll get a 1 in every position. So I would have to put it in the code and maybe value it out after it does the count. But again, I'm going to have the issue where what do I do if I unselect a column, since the counts will not all re-evaluate.

Any thoughts on these dilemmas?

Thanks again!

Upvote 0
In your DATAbase eliminate the check mark column and insert a column B for the REPROT column. No need for a check mark as column B will either be blank or have a REPORT column number. Based on this the procedure will decide if and where to copy the DATA column to in the REPORT. (See layout below)
<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:eek:ffice" /><o:p></o:p>
This code will build the report. It will copy to a specific column in the report rather than the next available column, thus the REPORT columns will be in the order specified in the SELCTION sheet.
The Build Report procedure clears the REPORT sheet before copying so no need to delete specific columns on the report.
If you only want the three labels then change the copy statement to :
Code:
.Columns(DataColumn).Range("A1:A4").Copy Worksheets("REPORT").Columns(Header.Offset(0, 1)).Range("A1")
Code:
Option Explicit
Sub BuilderReport()    'Copy to specific column
    Dim DataColumn As Integer
    Dim Header As Range
    Sheets("REPORT").Cells.Clear
    Sheets("Selection").Select
    For Each Header In Range("A2", Range("A65536").End(xlUp))
        If Header.Offset(0, 1) > 0 Then
            With Worksheets("DATA")
                DataColumn = .Rows(1).Find(Header, LookIn:=xlValues, LookAt:=xlWhole).Column
                .Columns(DataColumn).Copy Worksheets("REPORT").Columns(Header.Offset(0, 1))
            End With
        End If
    Next Header
End Sub
Run this code before building the report to determine blank and duplicate columns in the SELCTION sheet
Code:
Sub EditReportColumns()
    Dim MaxReportCol As Integer
    Dim DataColumn As Range
    Dim rng As Range
    Dim i As Integer
    Dim DupTest() As Integer
    Dim ErrBlank As Integer
    Dim ErrDup As Integer
    Sheets("SELECTION").Select
    MaxReportCol = Application.WorksheetFunction.Max(Range("B1:B65536"))
    ReDim DupTest(MaxReportCol)
    Set rng = Range("B2", Range("B65536").End(xlUp))
    For i = 1 To MaxReportCol
        On Error Resume Next
        Set DataColumn = rng.Find(i, LookIn:=xlValues, LookAt:=xlWhole)
        If DataColumn Is Nothing Then
            MsgBox "Report column " & i & " will be blank."
            ErrBlank = ErrBlank + 1
        End If
    Next i
    For Each DataColumn In rng
        If Len(DataColumn) <> 0 Then
            If DupTest(DataColumn) = DataColumn Then
                MsgBox "Duplicate Column " & DataColumn & " at row " & DataColumn.Row
                ErrDup = ErrDup + 1
            Else
                DupTest(DataColumn) = DataColumn
            End If
        End If
    Next DataColumn
    MsgBox "Blank Columns: " & ErrBlank & Chr(13) & _
           "Duplicate Columns: " & ErrDup
End Sub
This sheet posted in error as rows 8, 9 and 10 should be blank columns selected. to match teh report html below
SELECTION

<TABLE style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff; PADDING-LEFT: 2pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 2pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial,Arial; FONT-SIZE: 10pt" border=1 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 30px; FONT-WEIGHT: bold"><COL style="WIDTH: 70px"><COL style="WIDTH: 71px"><COL style="WIDTH: 64px"><COL style="WIDTH: 64px"><COL style="WIDTH: 64px"></COLGROUP><TBODY><TR style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; FONT-WEIGHT: bold"><TD></TD><TD>A</TD><TD>B</TD><TD>C</TD><TD>D</TD><TD>E</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 34px"><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; FONT-SIZE: 8pt">1</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">DATA Column</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">REPORT Column</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Header 1</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Header 2</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Header 3</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 17px"><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; FONT-SIZE: 8pt">2</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">A</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">1</TD><TD>Name</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Header 2</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Header 3</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 17px"><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; FONT-SIZE: 8pt">3</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">B</TD><TD></TD><TD>Weight</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Header 2</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Header 3</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 17px"><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; FONT-SIZE: 8pt">4</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">C</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">2</TD><TD>Age</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Header 2</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Header 3</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 17px"><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; FONT-SIZE: 8pt">5</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">D</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">4</TD><TD>Sex</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Header 2</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Header 3</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 17px"><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; FONT-SIZE: 8pt">6</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">E</TD><TD></TD><TD>Health</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Header 2</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Header 3</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 17px"><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; FONT-SIZE: 8pt">7</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">F</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">3</TD><TD>DOB</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Header 2</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Header 3</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 17px"><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; FONT-SIZE: 8pt">8</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">G</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">6</TD><TD>Header 1</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Header 2</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Header 3</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 17px"><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; FONT-SIZE: 8pt">9</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">h</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">3</TD><TD>Header 2</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Header 2</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Header 3</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 17px"><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; FONT-SIZE: 8pt">10</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">I</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">2</TD><TD>Header 3</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Header 2</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Header 3</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Excel tables to the web >> Excel Jeanie HTML 4
DATA

<TABLE style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff; PADDING-LEFT: 2pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 2pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial,Arial; FONT-SIZE: 10pt" border=1 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 30px; FONT-WEIGHT: bold"><COL style="WIDTH: 64px"><COL style="WIDTH: 64px"><COL style="WIDTH: 64px"><COL style="WIDTH: 64px"><COL style="WIDTH: 64px"><COL style="WIDTH: 64px"></COLGROUP><TBODY><TR style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; FONT-WEIGHT: bold"><TD></TD><TD>A</TD><TD>B</TD><TD>C</TD><TD>D</TD><TD>E</TD><TD>F</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 17px"><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; FONT-SIZE: 8pt">1</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">A</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">B</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">C</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">D</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">E</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">F</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 17px"><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; FONT-SIZE: 8pt">2</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Name</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Weight</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Age</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Sex</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Health</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">DOB</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 17px"><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; FONT-SIZE: 8pt">3</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Header 2</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Header 2</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Header 2</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Header 2</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Header 2</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Header 2</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 17px"><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; FONT-SIZE: 8pt">4</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Header 3</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Header 3</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Header 3</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Header 3</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Header 3</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Header 3</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 17px"><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; FONT-SIZE: 8pt">5</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Mary</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">120</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">1</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">F</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Excellent</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">1/9/09</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 17px"><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; FONT-SIZE: 8pt">6</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Sam</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">201</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">35</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">M</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Good</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">1/18/75</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 17px"><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; FONT-SIZE: 8pt">7</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">George</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">170</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">19</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">M</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Good</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">1/14/91</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 17px"><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; FONT-SIZE: 8pt">8</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">John</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">302</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">42</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">M</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Poor</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">1/20/68</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 17px"><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; FONT-SIZE: 8pt">9</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Betty</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">98</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">75</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">F</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Good</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">1/28/35</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Note that the report columns are ion the order off the selection sheet

<TABLE style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #ffffff; PADDING-LEFT: 2pt; PADDING-RIGHT: 2pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial,Arial; FONT-SIZE: 10pt" border=1 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0><COLGROUP><COL style="WIDTH: 30px; FONT-WEIGHT: bold"><COL style="WIDTH: 64px"><COL style="WIDTH: 64px"><COL style="WIDTH: 64px"><COL style="WIDTH: 64px"></COLGROUP><TBODY><TR style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; FONT-SIZE: 8pt; FONT-WEIGHT: bold"><TD></TD><TD>A</TD><TD>B</TD><TD>C</TD><TD>D</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 17px"><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; FONT-SIZE: 8pt">1</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">A</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">C</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">F</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">D</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 17px"><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; FONT-SIZE: 8pt">2</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Name</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Age</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">DOB</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Sex</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 17px"><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; FONT-SIZE: 8pt">3</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Header 2</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Header 2</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Header 2</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Header 2</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 17px"><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; FONT-SIZE: 8pt">4</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Header 3</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Header 3</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Header 3</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Header 3</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 17px"><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; FONT-SIZE: 8pt">5</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Mary</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">1</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">1/9/09</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">F</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 17px"><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; FONT-SIZE: 8pt">6</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Sam</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">35</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">1/18/75</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">M</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 17px"><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; FONT-SIZE: 8pt">7</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">George</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">19</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">1/14/91</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">M</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 17px"><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; FONT-SIZE: 8pt">8</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">John</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">42</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">1/20/68</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">M</TD></TR><TR style="HEIGHT: 17px"><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #cacaca; FONT-SIZE: 8pt">9</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">Betty</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">75</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">1/28/35</TD><TD style="TEXT-ALIGN: center">F</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So for this to build the report. I would have to type the column numbers instead of selecting via checkmark? So rather than selecting the columns I want to see by clicking on them and having a checkmark appear with the worksheet_selection change I would type in the column numbers into that Report Column number Column?

Upvote 0
Correct. No use entering both a check mark and a REPORT column number. (Lear teh REPROT column number column before starting to enter teh\he report column numbers.

Upvote 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hvp2262

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back