Using index and match from another source excel file

jjk1

Office Version
  1. 2021
  2. 2019
Platform
  1. Windows
Using index and match from another source excel file. Search source list for rows that match lookup value and return rows for days in worksheet of specified month plus the last day of previous month that included in the list. This works for the specified month. I do not know how to include the last day of previous month that included in the list. Please help. Also, I have to enter the specified month as a number. I have tried to modify formula so that I can use the word for the month instead, but cannot get that to work. Please help.

=LET( data, '[AccountValues-Year2024SSG.xlsx]Year-24 SSG'!A:L, D3Match, FILTER(data, '[AccountValues-Year2024SSG.xlsx]Year-24 SSG'!B:B=D3), monthMatch, FILTER(D3Match, MONTH(INDEX(D3Match,0,1))=E3), yearMatch, FILTER(monthMatch, YEAR(INDEX(monthMatch,0,1))=F3), IF(ROWS(yearMatch)>0, yearMatch, "No matches found") )

This does not work when I tried to use month names.
=IFERROR( FILTER( '[AccountValues-Year2024SSG.xlsx]Year-24 SSG'!A:L, ('[AccountValues-Year2024SSG.xlsx]Year-24 SSG'!B:B=D3) * (MONTH('[AccountValues-Year2024SSG.xlsx]Year-24 SSG'!A:A)=MONTH(DATE(F3,MATCH(E3,{"January","February","March","April","May","June","July","August","September","October","November","December"},0),1))) ), "No matches found" )

So 2 questions: 1. the previous month question, and 2. the month word question. I don't have the knowledge to use VBA solutions.
Thank you, Jim

Sorry, I have been out of action for a week or so.

Thank you for identifying the problem. I did not have the source file open. It works.
Good news. Thanks for the confirmation.

Regarding skipping 2 rows before populating the output. In each of the grids where I would paste the formula, the 2 rows being skipped contain have text and column headers that are necessary. You were saying they have to be empty, that's problematic.
As I said before: put the formula in the row where you actually want the results to start. You cannot have hard-coded text and formula results in the same cells.

In the cell that contains the formula I would like to have a drop-down that the default position is blank and then I can select the formula in the drop down and it would run.
As I understand your suggestion, that is not possible.

Upvote 0

Excel Facts

Bring active cell back into view
Start at A1 and select to A9999 while writing a formula, you can't see A1 anymore. Press Ctrl+Backspace to bring active cell into view.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjsteward

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back