Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Microsoft Tablet

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • iPhone/iPod

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • On the go, but other than Excel.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I've used remote apps such as TeamViewer from my phone but found it was difficult to navigate on such a small screen. I'll almost always try to use the web app if I can. Haven't had a chance to play with Office for iOS because you need an O365 subscription for it. On the go I almost always use my tablet with a full Office install. If I didn't have that I would look for the web app first.

There's another iOS app called CloudOn, which apparently they host a free (don't know how) Office and you can link to SkyDrive, Google, etc. Don't know much about it, but it did work when I tried it out a few months ago.

Excel Facts

Why are there 1,048,576 rows in Excel?
The Excel team increased the size of the grid in 2007. There are 2^20 rows and 2^14 columns for a total of 17 billion cells.
I've used remote apps such as TeamViewer from my phone but found it was difficult to navigate on such a small screen. I'll almost always try to use the web app if I can. Haven't had a chance to play with Office for iOS because you need an O365 subscription for it. On the go I almost always use my tablet with a full Office install. If I didn't have that I would look for the web app first.

There's another iOS app called CloudOn, which apparently they host a free (don't know how) Office and you can link to SkyDrive, Google, etc. Don't know much about it, but it did work when I tried it out a few months ago.

Zack - the office version on the tablet is a full version, with VBA? Android or Windows 8?

Yup, Win8Pro. Didn't want the RT, no VBA. :)

Pro on a tablet? How does that run?

I've been happy with it. Gotta get used to Touch mode, but other than that it's cool. I actually really dig Outlook in Touch mode on the tablet, works really well. And the Surface has enough horsepower to do most things I want in Excel/Access.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roberto Saveru

We've detected that you are using an adblocker.

We have a great community of people providing Excel help here, but the hosting costs are enormous. You can help keep this site running by allowing ads on MrExcel.com.
Allow Ads at MrExcel

Which adblocker are you using?

Disable AdBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock

1)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the icon in the browser’s toolbar.
2)Click on the "Pause on this site" option.
Go back

Disable AdBlock Plus

Follow these easy steps to disable AdBlock Plus

2)Click on the toggle to disable it for "mrexcel.com".
Go back

Disable uBlock Origin

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock Origin

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back

Disable uBlock

Follow these easy steps to disable uBlock

2)Click on the "Power" button.
3)Click on the "Refresh" button.
Go back
Back